X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • arrow
    • Mar 2005

New to rotel

I just started breaking away from recivers. I am tacking baby steps right now i have a rmb-1075 strapped to a yamaha 2300, There is as slight hiss in the sound and it is static, I belive it to be interfence from my radio shack 99 cent cables i am currently using. Other than that this thing seems to have power to spare I am very pleased with it cool as can be even when i am pushing it. Clean crisp and warm, and with my klipsch speakers the shrill i had become used to has all but vanished i am just eager to hear it evolve as it breaks in.

So I just wanted to say hello to all of you and go easy on the new kid on the block.
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Welcome to our world

Comment

• Kevin Allan
      • Mar 2005

Welcome arrow!

As another fairly new member I can say you've come to the right place. I like what I'm hearing about that 1075. Still looking at speakers, like the B&W 703's a lot.

I am curious what you have for the Klipch speakers, especially for the fronts????
      I like my 2chl music with real brightness, but have been told the "trax" horns can wear on the listener (too efficient?). Anyway, when you can, let us know about those Klipsh with the 1075. Thanks

Kevin

Comment

• Kevin Allan
        • Mar 2005

OOOOoops,

I just read KathyMason's review of the 1090 and the RF-7 Klipsh speakers. Good job Kathy.

I would like to still hear from you arrow, and see what your experience is with your Klipsh! Are they also RF-7's??

Kevin

Comment

• arrow
          • Mar 2005

I have a full rig of rf-3 fronts and rears they match. I got them for a dirt cheap blow out when they were blowing them out of the doors. I realy like it with the rotel now the amp is less than 10 hours old so i will resever full judgement till it gets broken in good. I realy want to replace my reciver and put in a pre/pro. I realy like the neatural soundstage, it does press the bass more than i am used to. I like it alot for the power and thrust it provides. I am eager to get all new interconnects, I am currently using dime store interconnects so i am waiting for some new ones to come in i am wanting to get audioquest.

Comment

• soundhound
            • Mar 2004

Welcome Arrow, if you really want the Klipsch to sound their best, replace the Yamaha with a Rotel Pre/Pro or reciever. Even thru the 1075 (it amplifies what it sees) the Klipsch can be brite when driven with a Yamie. I started with a Yamaha reciever (pre-outs), carver amps. Replaced the Carvers with Rotel amps, but ultimately the biggest improvement thru my RF-3's was the introduction of a Rotel controlling the front end. I picked up a used RSP-980, which has superb 2 channel capabilities, to replace my Yamaha RSX-V890 reciever,and have since worked my way into an RSP-1068. The Klipsch are capable of a very nice presentation of the music, and movies alike if you take the time to taylor your'e system around them.

Comment

• arrow
              • Mar 2005

Well i want to end in the B&W camp. I am wanting a pre/pro but budget just is the issue, when i get the funds that will come for sure. I know the yamie is brite but not near as bad when to take the power from it. A pre/pro is in order for sure a 1098 is what i am wanting i have a ton of tosslink connections. The one thig i have notices big time about this new amp is the bass, I did not know my rf-3's could produce so much low end thrust. With the yamie i had almost had to call in extra powered sub support just to make it threw, however with this rotel i am just blow away with the earth shacking bass made from my klipsch speakers. I know that they use giant krel amps in there test lab, this must be how they are made to run with a high current amp .

I am having a static noise coming threw my speakers all channels as i have stated earlier i belive it is from my dime store interconnects but i just want to confirm that here, or that it is my pre/pro i am using so i know when i replace both interconnects and pre/pro that i will have a clear clean system.

I know my neighbors do not like the addition of this fine peice of performance audio gear as the bass level has gone way up and is shacking the walls .

Soundhound that is wher ei am trying to get to is clean and make my klipsch the best they can be while i save for a B&W rig...

Comment

• soundhound
                • Mar 2004

As far as the hiss, or static, the 1075 runs dead silent.

Comment

• arrow
                  • Mar 2005

Good to know,
                  I have an itunes air tunes hooked up to my soundsystem and i use my laptop to stream mp3's threw my system and as for a good high quality rip it sounds better than my sony dvd/cd player. It give a smooth sound threw out the band.
                  I look forward to getting a new pre/pro and i am ordering my new calbes today so it is a work in progress been like that for over 4 years i stated with all handme downs

and now i am in rotel long way from the sony 40 watt reciver i started with a kid.

I think my system is not bad considering i am a poor college student

Comment

• Radec
                    • Jan 2005

I'm sure you've heard or read this in other posts, but make sure you are not getting feedback from something else in your system. You mentioned Itunes, I also stream from my PC and I had a hum that was caused from my cable modem being grounded improperly. Takes a lot of trial and error of plugging things in and out to fid the culprit.

Comment

• arrow
                      • Mar 2005

It is a airtunes it is a standalone setup.

I bet it is the .99 cables they are like thinner than spagehtie

Comment

• arrow
                        • Mar 2005

I have everything run threw a power cleaner and all my antena and sat cables are grounded. I am using only optik hook ups.

So what of that could be causing the problem..

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"