X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doodleboytoy
    • Jun 2003

Sonus Rotel combo?

Looking into the possibility of a Rotel 1055 + 1080 amp with Sonus faber speakers combo. Specifically the Sonus Cremona Auditor or Sonus Grand Piano Home.

Anybody used a Sonus/Rotel system here? How is it?

Cannot audition the gear together so I have to ask for your opinions. My first option is Rotel with B&W and we all know its a match (Rotel's dark sound + B&W bright sound) but the mids of the Sonus are just WOW! :LOL:
  • Danbry39
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2002

I personally wouldn't describe Rotel as dark, perhaps a tad to the warm side, but relatively neutral overall. What Rotel does provide is clean power which should match up well with either speaker.

That said, I'd say go for the Sonus Faber. No knock, of course, on the B&W's, but I once heard that you know you found the right speakers when they reach out and grab hold of you. Sounds like the Sonus Faber did just that for you.

The only consideration I'd give is whether you power supply can handle the Sonus Fabers. I honestly don't know how sensitive they are, so don't let this dissuade you. Just make sure you can give enough power to comfortably drive them in your listening environment at levels you like to listen to.

Keith
    Keith

Comment

• doodleboytoy
      • Jun 2003

seems that I am the only one considering a Sonus and Rotel combo huh :LOL:

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"