X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikko
    • Mar 2005

Synergy between Rotel components

Hi!

I have RSP-1066 and NAD C542 cd player and now there is a chance of getting RCD-1070 quite cheaply. I have not tested 1070 yet, but have you got any experiences about possible synergy benefits between various Rotel components? There is the use of one remote control and bloody good looks, of course, but is there anything in the way for example Rotel 10-series components fit each other that could improve the sound quality?

Cheers,
    Mikko
  • mjb
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Well they'll have been designed to work together: Rotel is pushing a thing called "Balanced Design Concept", which seems to make perfect sense if you read what they have to say about it. http://www.rotel.com/introduction/ba...gn-concept.htm :T
    - Mike

Main System:
    B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
    Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• Mikko
      • Mar 2005

Hi!

I have read about that, but I was just wondering if anyone has actually heard the difference. Nauturally there are differences between devices so knowing which one is because of the Balanced Design Concept is quite impossible to tell. BDC seems to be just another marketing speech, but it would be great if it really worked and for example the 10-series devices were designed to fit perfectly with each other.

Still, the good looks of 10-series is a big advantage and it will be a bit hard trying to avoid that when testing the device (next week, hopefully). And even if there is no difference between my current NAD and the RCD-1070, I will probably go for the 1070 just for the aesthetic pleasure :B

Bye for now,
      Mikko

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"