X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kevin Allan
    • Mar 2005

Another New Member !

After reading the many interesting threads, I had to join. I'm a Rotel fan for some time now. Have a RA - 1312 still running well. So anyway, Hi to all !

Got to see the new Rotel line last year and am amazed. Want to upgrade from a late 1990's receiver to Rotel multi-channel.

However, am concerned with amount I've read on several sites regarding noise, fuses, and some reliability issues. As I've been out of touch with product for quite some time, I have some hesitation of purchasing. Looking at a RMB-1095 (maximum) or 1075 to start.

My question would be as to the relative concerns I have and what some of you have experienced or recommend. Heard of new products coming down, but very impressed so far.

Kevin
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

The 1075 hasn't had any problems what so ever and is a fantastic amp. The only issue with the 1095 has been ground loop problems but that's not so much the 1095's problem as it is improperly grounded house wiring.

Welcome to Club Rotel :later:

Comment

• PewterTA
      • Nov 2004

Kevin, welcome to the club!!!

I was in the very position you are in right now, I wanted the RMB-1095 but was seriously concerned about the buzzing/hissing. I decided to take the jump anyways, figured if I didn't like it, the worst part would be loosing a little bit of money while I try to return or re-sell it. Well when I got it home I hooked everything up (got new cables for it and everything), got it wired up, said a prayer, and hit the power button. I heard it click on and then ...well... nothing! It was dead silent, actually more silent then my (at the time) Yamaha Rx-v1400. I was really shocked. One thing I noticed with the 1095 is the amazing placement of sound on it. It images really really well. I actually like it (I think) better than my 1080 for stereo listening as I like having the phantom center channel where voices seem to come from with the music. Plus being able to directly place all the instruments is nice as well. The 1075 is no slouch either, but for me, I didn't want to get the 1075 and get the "what am I missing" factor from not going with the 1095. It's a tough decision, you just have to decide what you can afford.

One thing I have to say that probably saved me from the Hiss/buzz, is the fact that everything is run through my Monster HTS 2500 (including the cable), so this probably stopped me from having any problems. Now my amp is on a 15amp circuit that is shared with another room in the house (no dedicated line since the HT isn't set up in it's primary location), and that has yet to cause any issues...

I think more often than not it's not the problem with the Rotel amp, but how everything is connected. If you have good cables and everything is hooked up properly, you normally never get that buzz/hiss.
      Digital Audio makes me Happy.
      -Dan

Comment

• GosonFletchy
        • May 2004

Welcome to the club.

G.

:assimilate:

Comment

• Kevin Allan
          • Mar 2005

Hi, and thanks for the welcome!

I am tending to agree with you "PewterTA" in regards to having the power of the RMB - 1095, rather than miss it (maybe) with the 1075. Interesting about the phantom center you mention.
          It does sound like wiring is a requirement for sure (as with most set-ups). Sadly, my present location for speakers/equipment makes it impossible at this time to run good quality connections, and presently, of course, have some noise. This will be remidied soon enough though with a dedicated HT room.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"