X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dali
    • Jul 2002

RSP 1066 suddenly sounds bad in 2ch analog

I have had a RSP 1066 for about 30 months and yesterday something strange happened. I turned everything on to listen to a CD and the sound was all messed up, kind of difficult to describe but it's something like listening to headphones held 5 inches from your ears. All bass and most of the treble is just gone, no dynamics at all. The volume is probably the same as before, but all dynamics are gone.

If I listen to the same source and activate some sort of processing (DD ProLogic, 5 channel stereo etc) everything sounds normal, but when I listen to two channel stereo it sounds like crap. Tried several different sources (CD, TV) with the same result. Tried coaxial connection, ext in, CD in ... same result.

As far as I can tell it's only in 2 channel analog that it sounds bad, no matter what source is used.

Anyone know what could be the problem? Expensive to fix?
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Hmm that's odd. I'd suggest doing a factory reset in the menu and see what that does. Also try the multi channel inputs just to rule out the source.

Comment

• dali
      • Jul 2002

Good news, the RSP1066 wasn't to blame. Both speakers' terminals had oxidized! I removed the cables and reset them on both speakers and that solved the problem. This has never happened before, at least not two speakers at the same time.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Great news!

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"