X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • june
    • Feb 2005

CD players??

Hello All,

I want to add a good CD player to match with my 1068. The Rotel 1075 is a little pricey for my budget.

Do any have the Denon DCM-380 in there system? This CD player has a coaxial out, HDCD & Burr-Brown processing. Also $300.00 compared to $700.00

I need you opinions!!!!!

June
    June
    "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"
  • Mary
    • Jun 2003

I own the Rotel RCD 1072 and think it is a great player! Once I heard it I decided to hold on a while - save a little more so I could purchase it. I don't regret the decision. I use the analog connections with decent cables. Good luck!

Comment

• OakIris
      • Dec 2003

june - I bet you meant the RCD-1072, not the 1075. I highly recommend the RCD1072, too, but realize that $700 is a lot of money. If you can stand to wait for awhile, you can do as mary suggested and try to save another $400. :roll: Sorry, I haven't heard the Denon CD player so can't give you any opinion on it.

Comment

• phuz
        • Jan 2003

Keep an eye out for used rcd-1070 and 1072 players. They go for $300-$500.

For example, audiosystems.com has a 1070 on consignment for $300
        ==============
        -phuz

Comment

• VikingP
          • Feb 2005

Hi,
          I have the DCM-280, and it sounds quite good for a changer. It was definitely a step up from regular CD changers, the music was richer, and the lower end was much fuller, and I imagine that the DCM-380 can only sound better. I haven't heard the Rotel player, so I can't give you a comparison between the Denon and the Rotel, but I am quite happy with my DCM-280.

Comment

• thyname
            • Jan 2005

Hi June;

Comparing Denon with Rotel is like comparing a Toyota with Mercedes Benz, however everything is a matter of choice. I ordered my rotel rcd-1072 a few days ago and it is coming in a week or so for USD 640 new. I can't wait. Of course you would need good interconnects too. I had used Sony CD players but Rotel sounded (and looked) much better. I saved up and finally purchased it.

One advise though, it is hard to find the 1072 used. Even when you will, (like on ebay or audiogon) it will be very close to the retail price and will sell out quick.

Good luck!!

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"