X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zforgetaboutit
    • Nov 2002

Daredevil film DVD : RSX-1065 product placement

Just watched it and immediately noticed the black panel details (like the one I have) and the RSX-1065 model number.

It's shown in close-up when Matt Murdock/Daredevil is in his home.
  • Danbry39
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2002

I didn't notice it when I watched the movie, but learned about it on another thread and went back to look. Tres cool!!! :T

Keith
    Keith

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

I noticed it as well...that and the Marantz RC5000i touch screen remote...not sure how a blind person uses one of those but hey its a cool product

Comment

• Danbry39
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Sep 2002

He can do it because he's and Daredevil can do anything.

Keith
        Keith

Comment

• Aeromos
          • Jun 2003

Just to enlighten those of you not familiar with Daredevil I will explain. The one thing they didn't portray in the film is that his sense of touch was also heightened by the accident. Hence he can actually read prints on paper by using his hand as if they were brail (as if they were embossed). I can only assume that there are diagrams in the Marantz manual that helped him program it (I'm not sure if I'm reaching here but it's the only explanation I have concerning the LCD display).

Aeromos
          Enjoy life, it's too short to waste!!
          My Collection
          Aeromos
          Enjoy life, it's too short to waste!!
          My Collection

Comment

• teekster
            • Jul 2003

Noticed it as well and immediately had to blurt it out to my wife. It gave Daredevil a few points in my book, even thought he was being played by Ben Affleck.

Comment

• spiffnme
              • Apr 2003

I have to admit I missed it in the theatre, but I just bought the DVD, and I'll be on the lookout. BTW...as you may notice from my signature line - I buy and sell all things Daredevil.

www.funnyfarmcomics.net
              All Daredevil, All the Time!

Comment

• Ron Reda
                • Jan 2003

I remember seeing it and making a mental note, but didn't really think about it till now! ops:

Comment

• spiffnme
                  • Apr 2003

OK...just watched the DVD last night. Bleck...that movie stinks pretty bad. BUT...it did sound incredible. LOTS of nice use of the surround channels as well as the subwoofer.

I did catch the Rotel this time, but it's FAR from a product placement. The frame line cuts off any branding at all. Seems quite intentional that they did not put the Rotel name in the picture. Rotel must not have wanted to pony up some cash to have their name on the big screen. Bummer.

www.funnyfarmcomics.net

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2000

Rotel must not have wanted to pony up some cash to have their name on the big screen. Bummer.
                    possibly but I don know they arranged to have the Rotel gear in the movie.

Comment

• spiffnme
                      • Apr 2003

The ONLY people in the world that are going to know that was a Rotel receiver are Rotel owners. If the camera was tilted up just another half an inch, the entire world would have known that DD used Rotel gear.

Not the best marketing strategy if you're looking for exposure. That's why I think it was intentional on the filmmakers part to be sure that the name was not in the shot.

www.funnyfarmcomics.net

Comment

• will1066
                        • Aug 2003

They would've seen Rotel but I don't think most people would know who it was.

Rotel? Is that a new phone company? :LOL:

Comment

• spiffnme
                          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by will1066
                          They would've seen Rotel but I don't think most people would know who it was.

Rotel? Is that a new phone company? :LOL:
                          I'm pretty sure people could figure out that the shot was a closeup of his stereo...

www.funnyfarmcomics.net

Comment

• suyver
                            • Dec 2002

Actually, if you look closely at the touchscreen remote, you'll see that there is a layer of dust on it. I guess he mainly uses the physical knobs on the amp (as shown in the movie as well).

-Freek.

Check out my home theater!
                            Check out my home theater!

Comment

Working...
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"