X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Adz
    • Jan 2004

DareDevil - Director's Cut

The original DareDevil DVD is definitely in the Top 10 (at least mine) for reference quality sonic performance. In this new Director's Cut, it wasn't supposed to have changed (i.e.,improved) much. Not sure who wrote that, but Holy DTS(hit) Batman, this new soundtrack has even more insane bass and LFE and it put out LFE constantly /consistently throughout the entire movie - I know of no other soundtrack where the background foreboding is LFE "tremors" for 2 friggin hours.

At my normally abnormally high listening level, the overload signal in my subwoofer amp (Crown K2) even flickered a few times (the only other movie I know of where that happened was the initial battle scene in Master and Commander when the cannons fired).

As to the movie, with the extra minutes, Aflleck is even lamer, but the spectacular Jennifer Garner should be reason enough for every male (and even some females) to have this in their library. :T
    Adz
  • will1066
    • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Adz
    I know of no other soundtrack where the background foreboding is LFE "tremors" for 2 friggin hours.

I think Man on Fire comes close.

Comment

• Adz
      • Jan 2004

Completely agree, Will. Big fan of Man of Fire - both the story and the sound quality if you recall my recent post. Although, in terms of those constant rippling tremors, I still give the edge to DD.
      Adz

Comment

• ht_addict
        • Dec 2002

I'm going to pick up a copy to replace my original release since its only $16.99CDN. Then I'll take my original to BB and use it as a trade in to pick up Man on Fire used. Since I got Dodge ball, all three add upto $15 mail in rebate.

Comment

• SpOoNmAn
          • Sep 2003

I love a good showcase dvd, but the movie was so bad I never picked it up. I borrowed a friends, but I might have to pick this up.

Theatre Photo Album (A work in Progress)
          GameTracker -My List-
          Life is short, Play it LOUD!

Comment

• Sithlord
            • Aug 2004

I watched this over the weekend and found it to be superior to the TC cut. Alot more character development longer fight scenes it just flowed much better. It puts the TC to shame. Another mention is definatley the sound which sounds better than the other version better directionality across the channels and more bass a sensational mix. A double dip but worth it IMO.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"