X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Energeezer
    • Sep 2002

Am I a Jackass. Totally OT

Took my daughter swimming at my dads swimming pool which is just outside town.
    In the spirit of that classic flick Jackass this 40 year old decieded to perform a front flip to show off to my 7 year old.
    As I left the board I heard a crack and felt a sharp pain in the back of my leg from the calf to the ankle and proceeded to continue the execution of the flip. Rated a 7/10 by my brother whom was also there.
    I thought the board had broken and slapped me in the calf but when I came to the surface and saw the board was intact I had a Baaaad feeeling. Not to mention that my ankle a was wavering in the water like a jellifish.
    Crawled out of the water and looked at my ankle. Oh Nooooo said the Jackass. My Achilles tendon seems to have disapperared. At this point Bro Jackass broke into a fit o laughter in the Jackass tadition and said "YOU JACKASS." I would have liked to cry but my daughter was there watching so I put on the old brave face.
    So off to emer for a 3 hour wait and then scheduled for surgery to repair and reattach on sunday.
    Now the surgery is done and the pain is shall we say obscene.

So now I'll be in a cast for 6 weeks and using crutches for the next 5 months. I plan to combat the pain by getting a Starchoice HD RX, (already using the NTSC one) getting Bro to hook it up and spending some quality time with my family in the HT. Is MTV's Jackass in HD? LOL
    From now on I think I'll act my age and wade in from the shallow end.
    Steve

The Future of HT lies in FP SPREAD THE WORD
    The Future of HT lies in FP SPREAD THE WORD
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Well at least you're getting HD out of it

Comment

• Danbry39
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Sep 2002

Ouch!!!

Sorry Steve and here's to a quick recovery.

Keith
      Keith

Comment

• Glenn
        • Jun 2003

I will not be watching any movies with pools, beaches, oceans, sharks, water or perhaps even rain in them for the next while, less I have flashbacks of your "adventure"! Sorry to hear of your pain.

ps - good thing for remote controls for the next 5 months, eh?!

ps 2 - I would have given you an 8/10 for such a spectacular flip

Comment

• twitchie
          • Apr 2003

I'll give you a 9.5/10 for keeping on a brave face in front of your daughter despite the pain

Comment

• will1066
            • Aug 2003

Geez, energeezer, get better soon, man. Enjoy the new toys, too!

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"