X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TomScrut
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Nov 2013

Delta series mk1 amp heatsink discoloration

Hi guys, my 5200 heatisinks have gone a darker colour to the front panel which I think is painted. Is this normal? I'm sure it wasn't like that when I bought it!
    Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U
  • aarsoe
    • May 2004

Front panel is not painted - or are you thinking of the black area? How would that get darker?
    Think you should post a picture..

Comment

• TomScrut
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Nov 2013

I think it must be different grades of ali or something, or the front has been treated to make it a paler colour. The heatsinks are slightly discoloured but I don't know why!
      Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

• aarsoe
        • May 2004

Since it is aluminum have you tried wiping it with some windows polish? Could be dust or something similar. Still have never heard of aluminum discoloration.

Comment

• TomScrut
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Nov 2013

Me neither. It's just odd

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"