X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OnlyOne
    • Aug 2003

Brand new Rotel 1055 Problems

I just purchased my 1055 today and after getting it all setup and calibrated I noticed a disturbing problem.

When watching DVDs through my component input 1 out to the X1 through the VESA adapter, I get an odd visual occurence.

The image is brighter than normal, and there is a vertical band that moves from the right of the image to the left, and then theres a brightness pulse where it gets darker for a second, and then the process starts over. This is distracting to say the least.

Now I'm assuming the receiver is at fault currently, as I wont be able to try troubleshooting it until tomorrow, because I didnt have this problem with my previous receiver.

Any ideas?

I'm sure I'll have more problems/questions, this being new to me, but this is the glaring one for now.
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Hmm I assume the brightness isn't there when you run directly to the X1 right? Can you press and hold the mute button until your firmware number is displayed on the front and report that back to us? Unless you got a really old model (doubtfull) the 1055 should have an easy time passing even a HD signal.

Comment

• Scarp
      • Mar 2003

Note to everybody running their video connections through a receiver/surround processor:
      When routing your video signal through such a device, it is physically impossible to have it identical to a direct connection (except for digital connections). So please into account that you are running an extra pair of cables, more connectors, etc. Each part contributing to a little bit loss of signal.

So, its difficult to compare what you get when connecting directly with connecting through some A/V processor/Receiver.

Having said that, its influence should be a bear minimum.

Sorry, but I just wanted to say that I only have direct connections for video sources and never route it through some machine, because it will always be a little bit (usually not noticeable) less good picture.

Btw, if the result is a bit brighter image, why not lower this in the settings of your projector (or source)?

Comment

• OnlyOne
        • Aug 2003

Ok, had some time to troubleshoot this morning and I think it is the first component input that is faulty.

When running the DVD through component 2 I don't get the vertical banding, however occasionally on that input there is horizontal noise. The brightness btw is not important, I can adjust that easily. The large vertical band on the other hand is not something I can live with.

I havent hooked the DVD directly to the X1 yet, though I will try that next.

With my old Yammy 5560 I routed all my connections through it the way I'm sending them through the 1055, however, I never had this problem.

It would be just my luck that I pick up a faulty unit, AND that it is the only silver face 1055 my dealer had in stock...

Andrew, my firmware is 2.2.5_030225.

As an aside, with that version of firmware out of the box is it safe to assume my component bandwidth is the 100MHZ and not the 10, and that the bass managment issues have been resolved on this unit?

Comment

• efarstad
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jun 2001

I own a 1066 and had to get the video board replaced because I had a green "flickering" horizontal line that would appear when routing signals through the component in/outs on the 1066...contact Rotel and they'll take care of it like they did mine....works PERFECTLY now! 8)

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
          E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
          E-Cinema

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Yes you'd have a newer one though there's a newer firmware available now. Try running it direct to the X1 and if the problem goes away contact Rotel and they'll fix you up

Comment

• OnlyOne
              • Aug 2003

Running DVD direct into the X1 the problem goes away, so it looks like I do have a bad video board.

My dealer is currently trying to locate a silver faced 1055 so I wont have to be without the AVR I bought only 2 days ago. Doesnt make sense I should wait to have a brand new product serviced. And quite frankly, its unacceptable.

Hopefully he'll have good news for me later today.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

keep us posted!

Comment

• Danbry39
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Sep 2002

Sorry OnlyOne,

Feel kind of bummed out that, after we all recommended the Rotel, you might have ended up with a lemon. Personally, I think the dealer should exchange the unit you had with a new one immediately.

Keith
                  Keith

Comment

• OnlyOne
                    • Aug 2003

Like I said, the dealer is out of silver 1055's but to their credit they ordered a new one from Rotel and are hoping to have it by Thursday. No questions asked they will exchange it. Im not unhappy with my purchase yet.

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"