X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oliverlim
    • Jun 2004

Sharp Burst of noise on DVD on 1068

I have this unit for almost a year but this problem seems to be becoming more frequent for some reason. Have not added anything to system for about 5 months now so not sure why it is more frequent.

Basically what happens is that when you insert a DVD, you usually get all those disclaimer crap etc etc. After that you get the publisher or makers logo flying around and right after this, you usually get the moving or animated menus and sometimes a short intro of the movie or TV show you are watching. It is right between the publishers/makers logo and the intro/animated menus where I get a very loud sharp burst of white noise. I have been very afraid that this would damage my speakers. Even at 25-30db below reference the burst of noise is very very loud. I have resorted to muting the Rotel or DVD till the animated menus starts. But I get this problem one some DVD's after you select the Play Movie button as well.

Anyone else encountered this problem before? Any ideas why? I am afraid my Tweeter might not be able to take much more of it veyr soon. I am using the 1.17 version for some time now. Any ideas most welcome.

Thanks
    Oliver
  • oliverlim
    • Jun 2004

Anyone faced this problem?

Thanks
    Oliver

Comment

• Mark_C.
      • Jan 2003

We probably need more information. What brand is the DVD player and how is it connected to the pre/pro? Sometimes something like this could be a firmware issue.

Comment

• ds22030
        • Sep 2004

Could be your DVD player...try a different source...

Comment

• Kyle
          • Jan 2005

I have that problem when it switches from DPL to DD/DTS on some DVDs.
          My gear

Comment

• ds22030
            • Sep 2004

Also, take a look at the 1056 thread that discusses snapping sound coming out of that receiver.....makes u wonder what is coming out of Rotel's factories....

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

It sounds like you're getting the problem when its switching between the various decoding methods (pro logic to DD or DTS etc.) The latest firmware might help a little but it could also be something more serious...esp if its as loud as you say.

Comment

• oliverlim
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Andrew Pratt
                It sounds like you're getting the problem when its switching between the various decoding methods (pro logic to DD or DTS etc.) The latest firmware might help a little but it could also be something more serious...esp if its as loud as you say.
                It is as what kylie says. It is usually when it changes from DPLII to DTS/DD. I know my previous processor did not hvae this problem as it always mute the first 2 secs when it changes mode prob to avoid this problem. But then again, it always resulted in the first song i a CD to miss the first 2 secs.

I will update to the 1.21. I really hate the fact that you need to flick a switch at the back of the unit as my rack is rather packed. Wonder why they decided to do that?

Thanks
                Oliver

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"