X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • apresto1@yahoo.
    • Feb 2005

Price Discount

What type of discount can I negotiate? What's the best price you got for a 1056 receiver?
  • Ocelot
    • Nov 2004

I believe 10% is typical.

Comment

• Asterduc
      • Dec 2004

where are you from?

Comment

• KathyMason
        • Nov 2004

I had to really put much energy into finding the right dealer for my Rotel system purchase. Most dealers were not willing to give me much discount, some guys can be difficult to deal with and try to tell me that I don't know what I'm thinking. I search around until I found a dealer that was fine with giving me 20% off a 5-piece Rotel system I was buying. I think the more expensive and more equipment you buy, the more the dealer will be willing to give off (some but not all dealers, search around!) but if you are buying 1 or 2 pieces, it's likely the dealer will only give you 10% or less.

Comment

• OakIris
          • Dec 2003

My dealer - the only Rotel dealer in Colorado - has yet to give me any discount at all.

Since there is no competition the place has no incentive to give customers a break.

Comment

• KEF
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by apresto1@yahoo.
            What type of discount can I negotiate? What's the best price you got for a 1056 receiver?

My dealer gives me 12% in Mass - but if you play hardball (and there is more than 1 dealer around) you should shoot for at least 15%. My next purchase will be 15% with me having cash-in-hand or I'll walk.

Business is Business -

Cheers,
            Keith

Comment

• Nick M
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Nov 2004

I got 20% off my RMB-1075 during a 1 week sale. My local dealer gives a standard 15% off MSRP regardless of the amount of equipment you buy.

Real nice guys.
              ~Nick

Comment

• DrJRapp
                Super Senior Member
                • Apr 2003

Originally posted by KathyMason
                I had to really put much energy into finding the right dealer for my Rotel system purchase. Most dealers were not willing to give me much discount, some guys can be difficult to deal with and try to tell me that I don't know what I'm thinking.
                I find that the being difficult to deal with is very prevalent amongst Rotel dealers (excluding my current one). Rotel's dealer network is both it's greatest strength and it's greatest weakness at the same time. I don't think a lot of forethought goes into Rotel's selection of dealer's, if any at all. Most Rotel dealers I know wound up with the Rotel franchise because the wanted the B&W speaker line and Rotel came as a packaged deal. They show very little interest in the Rotel product and therefore are not very knowledgable about the Rotel products. I seem to know much more than these salesmen who attempt to make their livelyhood selling Rotel gear. I have a friend who I recently turned on to a Rotel RSX 1056. None of the 3 dealers in our geographic area even had one in stock to demo. One was still demoing a 1055 and represented it as being nearly identical to the 1056. Only 1 (my dealer) of the salesmen we approached knew enough about the 1056 to confirm that with the addition of an outboard amp that the 1056 could do 7.1.....sad, very sad.
                Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• Ricky
                  • Aug 2000

Kathy,

20% is a score for Rotel gear (lower margins with great internet policeing). A few years ago, I heard that 10% was typical, with some snobby dealers quoting 5%.

What 5 Rotel components did you buy? I know you already have the big 1090 380x2...you must have alot of amps!

Comment

• KathyMason
                    • Nov 2004

True, some dealers didn't want to give me a discount at all, so I moved on to another dealer. I forgot to mention, the dealer was only willing to give me 20% if paid with cash, and 15% if I paid with credit card, so I paid cash for it.... which made me a little nervous but he had me put down half, and then when the equipment came in about 5 days, I paid the other half. My system is the Rotel RB-1090, RC-1090, RCD-1072, and RT-1080, and I got the RSDX-02 all-in-one for the kitchen so I could listen to the radio, news, or music while I'm cooking because the little set I had in the kitchen started giving out and never sounded very good, was just an inexpensive Sony.

Comment

• ajpoe
                      • Jul 2004

I got 10% on my fronts and center and as I kept going back to the dealer, I was able to get my discount up to 15% for my rears and Rotel 1075 and 1068.
                      AJPoe - - Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!

Comment

• Ricky
                        • Aug 2000

Kathy,

Make sense the dealer wanted cash to offer the rare 20% discount. Oh, only 1 amp....very impressive 2 channel setup...top of the line Rotel gear for each component! I like my electronics to match too. At one point, I had 7 Parasound components in the rack; now, I have 5 Aragon components.

Comment

• KathyMason
                          • Nov 2004

Wow, nice Aragon system! :W I checked out some of the Aragon equipment
                          online before my Rotel purchase and looks like they make some nice equipment. Internal pictures look very nice quality inside. Klipsch doesn't seem to do much promoting for Aragon as I would think they would. I never found anyone who carried them locally to have a listen.

I just bought a pair of Klipsch RF-7's last night from The Good Guys. Took me a long time to decide but after so many positive comments from others who have them and reviews, I decided to try them. Have them playing at home right now for the break-in so I hope to listen more tonight to hear what I've heard people rave about.

Comment

• gfish
                            • Mar 2005

Had to drive 40 mins up the road, but the dealer gave me 20%, no tax, free shipping. No tax because he sent it to me (i live out of his state), free shipping because...well i really don't know? So basically 26% off.

Comment

• ragrover
                              • Feb 2005

Is that a picture of you? There goes the old adage that audiophiles are just a bunch of nerdy guys. You are very attractive.

Comment

• Radec
                                • Jan 2005

Just purchased the 1068, 1075 & 1080....total discount a bit under 10%. Seemed as the discount on the amps were right at 10%, but the 1068 a bit less. As stated before, only one Rotel Dealer in Colorado, so you sometimes have to drop words such as "Parasound" and NEVER SMILE no matter how bad you want to ! ! ! :T

Comment

• resperc
                                  • May 2004

I live in the Hudson Valley (NY). I purchased an RSP1068 and an RMB1075 last July with 22 percent discount. I had a list of five dealers I was going to visit on a Saturday and the lowest price was going to get my business. By a stroke of luck I got this price from the first dealership I visited. To state the obvious I did not even bother to visit the other four dealers. I know my experience is not the norm, but good discounts can be found. Used Rotel stuff also shows up on ebay and audiogon quite a bit for very reasonable prices.

Comment

• DelRay
                                    • Jun 2004

Getting a discount is like getting free financing for 12 or 24 months. Almost like they'er giving it away. lol. I'll buy just about anything if it's got 24 months free financing. Actually got my rsp1068/rmb1075/rb1070 combo for $3200 out the door, tax included. Ohio's tax is 7.5%. I don't have a calculator handy to know exactly, but it's about 10 or 15 percent off. With free financing of course :B

Comment

• KathyMason
                                      • Nov 2004

Thank You for the kind compliment ragrover !!

So Kind!

I've been absent here since I've been doing the break-in for
                                      the new Klipsch RF-7 speakers with the Rotel RB-1090.
                                      So far, I'm very impressed, amazed, and in total music bliss.
                                      I think my Martin Logan's are going to leave me now, I don't
                                      even want them anymore after the Klipsch!

Comment

• soundhound
                                        • Mar 2004

Good to hear another find Klipsch-Rotel a sweet combo. It appears to be love or hate with them, few people respond with "their o.k." The combo really brings the music to life.

Comment

• Heritage-user
                                          • Mar 2005

Kathy,

Have you ever had the chance to listen to any of the heritage line from Klipsch. I have tryed many diffrent brands but nothing I have heard has come close.

As for Colorado dealers shoot me a pm and I will give you the name of the guy I talk to, he is always willing to work with people.

Comment

• Legairre
                                            • Jan 2002

Originally posted by Nicholas Mosher
                                            I got 20% off my RMB-1075 during a 1 week sale. My local dealer gives a standard 15% off MSRP regardless of the amount of equipment you buy.

Real nice guys.
                                            Nick, same from my dealer in MA. Your dealer's name wouldn't happen to be Jack would it? If so I think we have the same dealer. Great guy and 15% off no matter what you buy without haggling.
                                            "What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"
                                            Radden Home Theater

Comment

• Nick M
                                              Ultra Senior Member
                                              • Nov 2004

I forgot his name. I bought my amp at Spearit Sound in Northampton, MA.
                                              ~Nick

Comment

• Legairre
                                                • Jan 2002

Originally posted by Nicholas Mosher
                                                I forgot his name. I bought my amp at Spearit Sound in Northampton, MA.
                                                Yep, that's Jack. Great dealer :T
                                                "What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"
                                                Radden Home Theater

Comment

Working...
                                                Searching...Please wait.
                                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                Search Result for "|||"