X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • calli
    • Apr 2004

1055 vs 1056

Hello,

I am interested in the new rsx 1056. Now does my dealer say that probably the 1055 is off a better quality because both receivers have the same price and the 1056 has more features he thinks the quality off te 1056 will be lower than the 1055. My question is are there more changes than only more features or is the 1056 identical to a 1055 with only more features. My dealer has not yet received the 1056 and does not know if the powersupply and more off such things are identical. When the receivers are quite the same then i will go for the 1056 or he must give me a discount on a 1055.
    What is your advice to me when you also condider that stereo is very important to me.

Greetings karel
    Holland
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Unless you get a pretty deep discount on the 1055 go for the 1056. Better sound quality, better and more features etc. It's the march of progress, the next generation is almost always better at the same or less cost of almost any product in A/V land. Not lower quality components.

Jason
    Jason

Comment

• Azeke
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2003

Calli,

First of all welcome to the forum.

It sounds to me (no pun intended) that the dealer is fertilizing you. The 1056 is definitely a step up from the 1055, better internal DACS, processors, etc., Also the 1056 has a few more features such as Dolby Prologic IIx. He would have to give me a tremendous discount to take the 1055 over the 1056.

If it were my money, I would order the 1056, hands down.

Just my 25 cents worth.

Good luck,

Azeke
      Last edited by Azeke; 11 June 2004, 17:57 Friday.

Comment

• calli
        • Apr 2004

Hello,

Thanks for your quick answers.
        Also no iferior components used and it sounds better.
        I think i will purchase a 1056. More advice is very welcome

Greetings karel
        Holland

Comment

• Azeke
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2003

I believe you have chosen wisely.

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• Kevin D
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2002

For what it's worth, the 1056 IS more expensive than the 1055 on this side of the Atlantic..

Kevin D.

Comment

• stantheman2
              • Apr 2004

I own the 1056. From my research prior to purchase, I found that the 1056 has the latest processor chips, DACs, and ADCs that have much greater capacity than those in the 1055. My dealer is of the strong opinion that the 1056 is sonically superior to the 1055. The salesman actually wanted me to A-B the 1056 against the 1067, because he is convinced that any sonic improvement between the 1056 and 1067 wasn't worth the additional cost. That got my attention - a dealer actually steering me away from dropping an extra $900 USD in his store.

I have not heard the 1055, but I did listen to both the 1065 and the 1056, and IMO the 1056 sounded better. This was on B&W 600 Series 3 speaskers.

Comment

• bresna
                • May 2004

I listened very closely to both before deciding to buy a used 1055. The differences, as noted, are in added surround and DSP features, not the analog signal path. Therefore, there should be no difference when playing back audio and I definitely did not hear any difference when I compared the two units side by side.

Basically, what it came down to was this: did I want to pay about $600 more for a new 1056 to get Dolby PLIIx? I decided it wasn't worth it.

Later,
                Kevin

Comment

• Tha Freak
                  • Jul 2003

all that really makes me feel quite good :cry:
                  - - - - - - - - - -

"Are you gonna bark all day little doggy?...or are you gonna bite?

Comment

• stantheman2
                    • Apr 2004

let me add to my earlier post, to second what bresna said. In two channel audio, using the analog outputs of a CD or DVD player, I believe the sound of the 1056 should be almost identical to the 1055. However, from what I have been reading, the latest microporocessor chips do provide an incrementral sonic improvement over their previous versions. So, if you use the digital output from the CD od DVD player to a Rotel, and use the Rotel do the digital-to-analog conversion, recent literature suggests the 1056 should sound incrementally better than the 1055. It's up to your ears to decide what the improvement is (if any) and if it is worth the extra cost.

When I demo'd the Rotels at my dealer, he was using the digital outputs from CD/DVD players exclusively, which is why I heard an improvement (to me) in the 1056 over the 1065 - the 1056 has the newest proicessing chips.

This is a good "lesson learned" - if audio is important to you, demo both the "analog only" and "digital-analog" sections of a receiver or pre-pro.

Life was so much simpler whan an audiophile "only" had to worry about 2-channel analog audio...

Comment

• calli
                      • Apr 2004

Hello,

For the price in Holland about 2000euro for the1056 and 1800euro for the1055, (how come that the price in the usa is solow) i can choose either off them My only point is the difference betweem the both off them. The problem however is that the 1056 is not in the store off my dealer. But considering all i was reading here i think it will be the 1056.

Thanks to yoy all and
                      greetings
                      karel Unij
                      Holland.

Comment

• bresna
                        • May 2004

With only a 10% discount for the 1055, I would opt for the 1056 if I were you. Most dealers in the US seem to be taking about 20% off. Is your dealer firm? If he bargains, you might be able to offer him 1600 Euros for the 1055 and tell him that is what they discount last year's models in other Rotel stores.

Kevin

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"