X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KathyMason
    • Nov 2004

How's your Rotel working today ????

I thought with all the negative going on right now here with Rotel that we should look more at some positive. Lets tell about our Rotel's we are happy with and that are working with no problems and how long we've had them!!

I've had my Rotel system for maybe 8 months now and I've had no problems at all. I'm very happy with my Rotel RC-1090 and RB-1090, the sound is very pleasing.

How about the rest of you??? Thanks, Kathy :P
  • Jeff
    • Dec 2004

Hi Kathy, I've owned my RCD-1072 and RB-1080 for about 6 months. They continue to be wonderful.

Don't be overly concerned with some of the problems you read on the web. Whether it's Rotel or Krell, there are always a small percentage of goods where quality control has failed. Unfortunately, Rotel is no exception. I can only hope Rotel has a genuine concerned for QC problems and aggresively addresses those issues.

Jeff

Comment

• Mark_C.
      • Jan 2003

I've had Rotel gear for a little more than three years now (current setup RSP-1066, RMB 1075 and RB 1050 for zone 2) and couldn't be happier. I've never had a problem. When I compare sonic quality to price (US dollars), it's a no-brainer. I'm a customer for life.

Comment

• PiDD
        • Aug 2003

You know for everyone one bad thing there are thousands of people with problem free enjoyment. People reading the forum have to realize this. This is where the few that do have problems get to seek help.

I dont see too many threads where people just say all is well! Good thread Kathy.

Rob

Comment

• DelRay
          • Jun 2004

I posted in another thread that with all the :M going on that I would post a :B thread. Kathy, you beat me to it. Good for you. Anyways, I have a few minutes to kick back and listen to some music undisturbed. I'm listening to Elton Johns "Captain Fantastic and the Brown Cowboy". Nice and loud too.The sound comming from my RSP1068 Is exceptional tonight. Seems like the more I listen, the better it sounds.
          I have no regrets or problems with my Rotel gear. If this sounds like I'm tooting my own horn, I'm not. Those of you that are having problems with your equipment, I feel for you. I've been there. I'm sure everything will work itself out.
          Andrew, you're doing a great job. Keep it up. :T

Comment

• Legairre
            • Jan 2002

RMB-1095, RB-1050 & RSP-1066 all work pefectly. The 1095 is a beast and the 1066 worked great right up until I sold it.
            "What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"
            Radden Home Theater

Comment

• PewterTA
              • Nov 2004

My RMB-1095, RSP-1098, RT-1080, RB-1080 are all working well. Not any problems, except the one time my 1098 locked up on me and wouldn't turn on. Not sure what that was about, but all I did was turn the power off to it for 5 seconds and turn it back on, then it worked fine (and has since).

I'm really impressed with the RB-1080 as it's sitting on a subwoofer, with all the vibrations, it's been working fine. It's at my friend's house currently, he's using it until he gets his amp back...and that's that only space we had for it...

Hopefully after the SuperBowl, I can get it back and put it back on the shelf...
              Digital Audio makes me Happy.
              -Dan

Comment

• Cracking Oboe
                • May 2004

All is well with my , RSP-1068, RMB-1095, RCD-955, RCD-1070, and RDV-1060. I cannot imagine anything sounding better!

Obviously, I'm a huge fan of ROTEL :T! I had one problem in the past and I was treated very well...... so what?? Thanks Kathy, for the reminder that even though some of us have had some problems... we are mostly all big fans of Rotel!
                Cracking!

Comment

• Orange Peel
                  • Nov 2004

I will also state my Rotel RSP 1098, RMB 1095 and RT-1080 are working awesome! My HT has never sounded better, I had a movie night on Friday and about 14 people showed up and they all LOVED it! They said they have never heard anything better, they can now understand why I love this stuff so much and want to have a setup just like it! I love everything about the gear, only a couple little personal querks I would like different, but overall I'm happy as can be!
                  Scott Goldsmith

Comment

• spiffnme
                    • Apr 2003

I've had my 1066/1075 combo for about two years and haven't had a single issue. Just bought a used RA-1062 and love it to death as well. Rotel has another "lifer" with me.

Comment

• Can1
                      • Nov 2004

Hi everybody, of all the different Brands of receivers I had owned I like the Rotel RSX-1056 the best for its sound and value. This is my first Rotel product and for six months now it has no problem at all. I was surprised that some members here seemed to disbelieve that I have no Hiss issue as I was only reported what I heard. I was going to purchase theRB-1090 when all those negative comments coming up on the posts that worried me enough that I bought the SimAudio W5LE instead. It costs double but does give me a piece of mind. I still like the Rotel sound and will not hesitate to buy new Rotel product once all this quality issues are more clear.

Comment

• DrJRapp
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Apr 2003

I've had my RB 1080 back from the Rotel doctor for 5 days and I it sounds great. I was not impressed when I first got the 1080 vs the sound of the 1075. It appears that besides one blown channel the unit had other problems that were solved while out for repair. It now sounds like the big amp that everyone always described. The low end is absolutely awesome. I have many issues with Rotel as a company, but the sound quality of their equipment certainly isn't one of them. It's aways impressive.
                        Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• soundhound
                          • Mar 2004

I started with Rotel believing there was no better bang for the buck out there, and every day I use my RSP-1068, RMB-1075, and RMB-1070, these sentiments are confirmed!!!!

Comment

• mourrri
                            • Jun 2003

I've had my rsp-1066/rmb-1075 and rt 1080 fore a few years now and they've always been rock solid from day 1.

Also service from my dealer has been exemplary..., I guess that's another thread.

regards,

Rick

Comment

• wernert
                              • Feb 2004

I agree. My RSP1066/RMB1075 have been working perfectly since Dec 2003. I recently purchased a RDV1060 and although it does not have the latest firmware (1 release behind) I am reluctant to upgrade as the unit is performing 100%. Rotel is great and I am proud of the brand. It is also good value for money. Looking to buy a RB1080 as soon as the ship comes in, hopefully mid 2005.

Werner

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                                Moderator Emeritus
                                • Aug 2000

Nice thread Kathy :T

I wouldn't have started this forum if I wasn't a believer...and listening to my 1098/1080/1075 combo everyday only reinforces that belief

Comment

• Mary
                                  • Jun 2003

I have been very happy with my RMB-1075, RSP-1066 & RCD-1072! Truly enjoyable listening experiences I have with this set up. And on a side note... I am very glad that there is a forum like this to visit daily and post to once in a while.

Comment

• gd
                                    • Jan 2003

My HT is a low-budget cobbled-together frankenstein monster... no Rotel... many issues.

My separate 2-channel system, however, is Rotel-driven, and has been for a long time... 900-series integrated amp (7-8 yrs old) and CD player (11-12 yrs old)... the only thing that has ever failed was that the little rubber belt that enables the CD drawer to go in-and-out broke some years ago... dealer fixed it for free, despite the expired warranty.

Barring a lottery jackpot, I can't imagine swapping out the Rotel gear for anything else... just sounds too good for the money.

Maybe one of these days my troubled HT will incorporate Rotel... but speakers first.
                                    greg (gd to you)
                                    Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring
                                    production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.

Frank Zappa

Comment

• John Lesar
                                      • Jan 2005

I have had my RSP1068/RMB1095/RB1080 for about three weeks and all is well. I started to get a little nervous after reading some of the posts in this forum, but I think they are in the minority.

John Lesar

Comment

• VGuarino
                                        • Oct 2004

I have owned my RSX-1056 for 6 months or so now. I love it more and more each day.

I used to hear some clicks and pops. But they seemed to have disapeared. The only anoyance is when switching digital stations with my SA-8000 and Adelphia, it doesn't always synch. I believe the problem is more the cable side than the 1056.

I have been experimenting with digital audio via my laptop to the 1056. I spent most of the weekend listening to music. I spent the money on the audio instead of a very large TV. Not only do we get a better experience with movies, but we have the additional pleasure of listening to our music as well.

Rotel, with all it's quirks, still has the best bang per buck in my most humble opinion.

Comment

• dermie999
                                          • Jul 2004

Good thread Kathy and thanks for starting it. :T

I have had a Rotel setup (currently RSP 1098, RMB 1075, RB 1080, RT 1080 and RCD 1070) and wouldn't change it unless I had way more money than I do. For my mind Rotel is the best value for money brand around.

Trevor

Comment

• dermie999
                                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by dermie999

I have had a Rotel setup (currently RSP 1098, RMB 1075, RB 1080, RT 1080 and RCD 1070) and wouldn't change it unless I had way more money than I do. For my mind Rotel is the best value for money brand around.

Trevor
                                            I should have said I have had a Rotel setup for eighteen months now,

Comment

• H.Donald
                                              • Aug 2004

I purchased my Rotel system about a year ago.This included a Rsp 1068,a Rmb 1075 and a Rcd 1072...later I added a Rmb 1070.During the first week the 1075 kept blowing fuses,I returned it to the dealer and he issued a new one .This one worked great and sounded better.I then traded it for a Rmb 1095 which sounds even better.
                                              At first there was much buzz thru the speakers...due in part to my wiring.After finding a suitable remedy,all is quiet.All componets are working and looking good.

Comment

• phuz
                                                • Jan 2003

I first got my RB-990BX used in 2003, and have been terribly happy with it. So, after some research and listening I decided to go with more Rotel gear. My next piece was an RCD-1070, and I've just recently gotten an RSX-1056, and I'll be adding an RDV very soon. So, as you can immagine I've been very happy with all of my Rotel gear. They've always answered my questions and concerns quickly, and I've heard mostly good things all over the internet.

Rotel is good stuff
                                                ==============
                                                -phuz

Comment

• Azeke
                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                  • Mar 2003

Kudos Kathy :T .

I own the following Rotel gear, 1098, 1080, 1095, very good bang for the buck. Enjoy it everyday, the only issue I've had is the 1080 blowing fuses, I have since upgraded to the 8.5A slowing blowing fuse from the 6.3A, and haven't experienced any issues since the installation (I have been avoiding sending my 1080 away for the modification, because I don't want to be without it), Rotel stated that 80% of the issues have been resolved with the upgraded fuse, so far so good. 7.1 and Dolby Pro Logic IIx is a soncially beautiful thing, however I digress.

All in all, for the past two years I have been very happy with my purchase, with the aforementioned issue excluded, so much so, that I recommend Rotel to my friends.

I am a Rotel believer, unless I hit the lottery, and can upgrade to Classe, Krell or MacIntosh, etc. (that upgraditis bug again, is there a vaccination for it, :lol: ?).

Sonicially happy,

Azeke

Comment

• kirkj
                                                    • Jan 2005

I had wanted a Rotel CD Player in 1988, but could only afford a Luxman at the time. A couple of years ago, I upgraded my changer and came back to Rotel. I picked up an RCC-1055, which is great in my system. A month ago, I bought an RSX-1056 and love that too. No problems at all. No hiss, no pops. Could use a couple more convience features, but other than that I've been really happy.

- Kirk.

Comment

• Mitchell
                                                      • Sep 2004

My system is 2 Channel Rb 1080 AMP, RC 1070 PRE, RT 02 tuner, RCD 1072 CD Player
                                                      and all has been working well for months now. After an initial problem 1080 fuse blowing problem that was fixed in 2 weeks by Rotel the system works great and sounds great.
                                                      No noices or hums, just great music.
                                                      Mitchell

Comment

• Bob Knarly
                                                        • Mar 2004

Well...my Rotel is working just like it has sssssince I bought it,thanks.

Comment

• Mark_C.
                                                          • Jan 2003

I think Bob has sprung a leak.

Comment

• Bob Knarly
                                                            • Mar 2004

You're right Mark,I have a leak in my center and surrounds.Just a note that a few of the latest reviews for the 1056 on audioreview.com complain of hiss in all channels,I wanted to add them to the "how's your Rotel"thread for an alternative point of view.

Comment

• dermie999
                                                              • Jul 2004

There's plenty of negative threads on this Forum about problems with Rotel gear. The intent of this thread was for people who are happy with their Rotel setup to say so to balance the negatives. If you have any negatives thats fine and I'm not saying you shouldn't air them - just not in this thread.

Trevor

Comment

• Bob Knarly
                                                                • Mar 2004

Sorry,I thought the thread was"Hows your Rotel working today".So if I understand correctly its really "Hows your Rotel working today but don't reply unless its working good and you have positive comments".Again,sorry,I have clearly posted in the wrong thread.

Comment

• eelco74
                                                                  • Dec 2002

I have had many Rotels in my life including the RB-981, RCD-975, RA-935, RC-972, RR990, RD-965, RDV-985, RB-985MKII and last but not least a RCD-855 and a RA-840BX4. The last one broke down once. The 840 was a class a/b amp, wich meant that on low volumes it would run very, very hot. Once a resistor blew, but I managed to relace it and it would run fine again. The RDV985 once locked itself to a no existing region and would not play discs anymore. This was quickly solved by Rotel.

On all the other Rotels I have had no problem at all.
                                                                  Marantz AV8802, Marantz UD8002, Rotel RB-991 and RB985mkii, Rotel RD960
                                                                  Focal/Jmlab Electra 1028S, Electra CC, Electra SW1000S, Cobalt 705
                                                                  Pioneer KRL-37V, Epson EH-TW8100, Kinkping CES-180 77"inch

Comment

• Asterduc
                                                                    • Dec 2004

Program for today:
                                                                    - Chris Jones, Roadhouses & automobiles (CD)
                                                                    - YoYoMa plays Bach (CD)
                                                                    - Maceo Parker, roots revisited (DVD)

This is gonna be another great evening with Rotel.
                                                                    No bad worth from my side!

Comment

• USBeauty
                                                                      Junior Member
                                                                      • Jan 2005

Everything is working well - I have a 1068 processor matched with the 1075 and 1050 amps, and the RTC 850 tuner - especially since things are beginning to sound broken in. Which brings me to my question -- how can anything sound good at the dealership since the display Rotels are unlikely broken in when you demo them?

Bruce
                                                                      Friends don't let friends listen to compressed music.

Comment

• mpauline
                                                                        Senior Member
                                                                        • Dec 2003

I have owned Rotel gear since 2000. I owned the RSP 976 and the 1095 amp and then replaced the processor with a 1098 and added a 1080. Have I had problems with my gear...YES. Have Rotel come through with excellent customer service.....YES. I had my 976 replaced without any issue and had my 1080 quickly fixed when the fuse blew.

I expect to have some problems with HT gear. How quickly I receive service and the quality of the service is important to me. If you couple that with the acoustical quality of ROTEL and the dollar value I think it is a very hard product to beat. I listened to KRELL, LEXICON, and ANTHEM before buying the 1098. I made the decision to stick with ROTEL and I am happy I did.

Mark

Comment

• will1066
                                                                          Senior Member
                                                                          • Aug 2003

I used to have an RSP-1066, which was solid before I sold it. Only two or three unexplained instances where it didn't turn on from standby. But my RMB-1075 and RB-1080 are flawless. The 1075 is approaching 2.5 years and the 1080 1.5 years.

Comment

• Legairre
                                                                            Senior Member
                                                                            • Jan 2002
                                                                            • 231

Will1066,
                                                                            I think I remember you from HTF back during Rotel RSP-1066 vs Outlaw 950 wars a few years ago. I think we both bought out 1066s around the same time. You mentioned you sold your 1066. What did you buy to replace it. I bought a Sherwood Newcastle P-965. While I sold the 1066 I'll NEVER sell my Rotel RMB-1095 amp. It's probably the only piece of gear I'll have until stops running.

Legairre
                                                                            "What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"
                                                                            Radden Home Theater

Comment

• will1066
                                                                              Senior Member
                                                                              • Aug 2003
                                                                              • 660

#39
                                                                              Hey, Legairre. I thought your name looked familiar. I'm using an Arcam AV8 now. The 1066 really served me well. And the amps still serve me well. Rock solid.

Comment

• shadow
                                                                                Senior Member
                                                                                • Dec 2003
                                                                                • 315

#40
                                                                                Nice to see a thread about whats right with our Rotels. Had my 1056 for about eight months. Works flawlessly with no noise and does a great job with my Martin Logan speaker system. Also nice to see a thread with a minimum level of whinning :P

Comment

• Bob Knarly
                                                                                  Member
                                                                                  • Mar 2004
                                                                                  • 73

#41
                                                                                  Yep,all that whinning really bugs me too,you know....that whinning from the center and surrounds even in 2 ch mode.Its shameful that I have communicated w/members of this forum that agree with my findings 100% but would rather not post on it for fear of being attacked by others.

Comment

• NMG
                                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                                    • Oct 2004
                                                                                    • 232

#42
                                                                                    My RB-1080 has been absolutely flawless (roughly 3 years) and my RC-1070 (roughly 4 months) has been outstanding as well.

Comment

• shadow
                                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                                      • Dec 2003
                                                                                      • 315

#43
                                                                                      Originally posted by Bob Knarly
                                                                                      Yep,all that whinning really bugs me too,you know....that whinning from the center and surrounds even in 2 ch mode.Its shameful that I have communicated w/members of this forum that agree with my findings 100% but would rather not post on it for fear of being attacked by others.
                                                                                      I am sure there is a legion of terrified Rotel owners who are scared to post on your "hiss" issue for fear of the devastating criticism that might occur :roll:

Comment

• Bob Knarly
                                                                                        Member
                                                                                        • Mar 2004
                                                                                        • 73

#44
                                                                                        I don't know anything about a "legion" who are "scared" of your "deviastating criticism" but there are members who have the hiss that would rather not post on it and be attacked on a forum they visit,some people like to be accepted.I understand you would like to stop ANY criticism you don't approve of but hey,too bad.Just post how much you love your gear,leave out any comments about people whinning and we'll let this thread resume its lovefest.

Comment

• USBeauty
                                                                                          Junior Member
                                                                                          • Jan 2005
                                                                                          • 14

#45
                                                                                          I guess I would encourage your right to post, Bob. But I'm not sure that's what members are objecting to. It's your continued posting, everywhere you see fit, about the same issue that apparently makes you feel powerless to somehow correct. No one here can help you fix your hiss problem. Many have offered solutions such as selling your gear. Yet you continue to dig your boots in, suffer with equipment you clearly are not satisfied with, and insist on sharing your unhappiness with us, as if somehow members of this board are causing your misery.
                                                                                          Friends don't let friends listen to compressed music.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                          Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                          Search Result for "|||"