X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jteoh1
    • Jan 2005

Rotel RB-1090 End of Production?

Hi,

I know this amp has been around for many years now, does anybody know if there is a new replacement model in the works or even larger amp coming out soon?

Thanks,
    John
  • KathyMason
    • Nov 2004

I hope it's not the end for it! I love mine, it's such a nice amp that I can't imagine that some thing else can take it's place! I really don't think you can get any better than this one! Rotel did great with the RB-1090 and any one who has one won't give them up, very hard to get one used. I know I'm not giving mine up, not until I die!

Comment

• hired goon
      • Aug 2004

G'day,

Originally posted by jteoh1
      I know this amp has been around for many years now, does anybody know if there is a new replacement model in the works or even larger amp coming out soon?
      Apparently production of RMB-1075 and RMB-1095 has stopped, and I suspect that the RB-1090 will stop (has stopped?) production as well, to be replaced by the the RB-1091 and RB-1092 digital amps.

--Geoff

Comment

• jfinneru
        • Nov 2003

I sold mine and bought 2 digital mono amps. 600w/8ohm-1100w/4ohm. I never looked back. My 1095 will go the same way and will be replaced with 5 more digital mono amps. my 1098 on the other hand will NEVER be sold, not before Rotel kicks out a new model.
        brgds joern

moderator norwegian avforum

Comment

• mmpeak
          • Jan 2005

Not here, I'm keeping my RB-1090 !!

Not gonna happen here! I'm keeping my RB-1090 and it would be very hard for me to ever let mine go. I doubt the production on the RB-1090 has ended for the digital just yet. There are still too many audio purest that insist on a top notch analog like the RB-1090 that the digital way still need to improve before it reaches the really "pure" sound of analog. I'm sure in time as technology advances with the digital amps they will over come this but it still hasn't happen yet and I don't think Rotel would shoot themselves in the foot not to still offer a top quality analog along with the new digital. :E

Comment

• jfinneru
            • Nov 2003

heard many digital amps have you? when I bought the RB1090 a year ago it was a good value for the buck ( in Norway rmsp is 20k). at that time two monoblock with the 600w/8ohm icepower modules cost 30k. Today the price for them is down to 14k. it means for 2/3 of the price I could get a lot more power, with more control and purer sound without the Rotel "noice". I have had great fun with my rotels, but I don't look at the brandname when I get my gear, I use my ears.
            brgds joern

moderator norwegian avforum

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

According to Rotel the analog amps are going to be available for some time to come. The only amp that might not be available for too much longer is the 1090 given the limit sales it has and the fact there's some newer high power digital amps on the horizon.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"