X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • booktrunk
    • Aug 2004

Any news on a new DVD Player? maybe universal

Hi,

As per the title. I'm looking in the next few months to buy a DVD Player to replace my Denon 2800 MK II. I am hoping that Rotel will come out with a universal player. Maybe with HDMI etc...

Any ideas if one is coming out in the near future?

Steff
    "Whether sad, angry, distressed, eager, or playful, elephants are this in a big way"

"The way in which our society deals with minorities is a guide to our civilisation."
  • Mark_C.
    • Jan 2003

Don't hold your breath. Rotel is sluggish in this area. It's almost as if Rotel is convinced that SACD won't fly. That's why I didn't buy a Rotel DVD player and instead went with the Denon 2900 universal player. If Rotel offered a universal player, I would have looked at that first. Oh, well.

Comment

• KEN KAZ
      • Oct 2004

forget rotel in this catagory, go with the Denon 3910. I have one and the picture is nothing short of amazing. HDMI output

Comment

• ht_obsessive
        • Jan 2005

I was going to post something very similar, so thanks for the comments

<puts on coat to go and buy Denon 3910>

Comment

• EAmin
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Mark_C.
          Don't hold your breath. Rotel is sluggish in this area. It's almost as if Rotel is convinced that SACD won't fly. That's why I didn't buy a Rotel DVD player and instead went with the Denon 2900 universal player. If Rotel offered a universal player, I would have looked at that first. Oh, well.
          I heard the problem was with Sony and their ability to be able to license the SACD technology. I'm sure they will come out with the universal as the surround format of choice is SACD (IMHO). But it kinda makes you wonder what's gonna happen with the next gen Rotel HD DVD player. Is Rotel gonna take this long to license the Blu-Ray technology too?

I'm thinking they are changing their strategy in trying to "stay with the pack". With the release of their digital amps, the tuner with the Sirrus technology built-in, the HDMI scaler, etc. --- maybe they are trying to make a run to keep up with the Denons of the world. Let's hope at least.

Comment

• booktrunk
            • Aug 2004

I'm stuck between the Denon 3910 or the Arcam DV79...

Or actually a cheap pioneer universal jobbie, and then I could buy a decent DAC to really get the best stereo. Picture won't be as good but would not be to bad, and I still can't decide if a expensive player should make any difference to the surround sound.

I've got a Denon 2800 MK II at the moment and am really frustrated as I cannot find the latest firmware anywhere to download, oh well that's life!!

Steff
            "Whether sad, angry, distressed, eager, or playful, elephants are this in a big way"

"The way in which our society deals with minorities is a guide to our civilisation."

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"