X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kmak
    Super Senior Member
    • Dec 2002

Rotel Combo $$

Now that I've returned to earth....I priced an AVM-30, MCA-50 combo ($6-7K CDN) . I think that's a little out of my range.

What in CDN $$ would a 1068 + 1075 or 1095 cost? I spoke to someone who sells both and he chimed that a Rotel Duo would be a better match than even Anthem for my B&Ws (not sure why he'd say that unless he truly believes it). Maybe I could even add new surrounds, if the price is right?

Ken
  • hidefdvd
    • Jan 2005

I would say your in the $4-5K range.

hidefdvd

Comment

• kmak
      Super Senior Member
      • Dec 2002

Thanks hidefdvd (what kind of name is that :W ),

Which combination falls in the 4-5K range. If it's the RSP-1068 and an RMB1095 that's perfect. Does anyone know approximate price for each, again CDN$.

RSP-1068 $???
      RMB-1075 $???
      RMB-1095 $???

Also, my CDM 7SE are rated to 150W, I know that more wattage is better, for headroom etc, but is 200WPC overkill? Will 120WPC be adequate or will there be a big difference in sound quality with that extra oomph in reserve. I do like to crank 2 channel once in a while.

Thanks in Advance,

Ken

Comment

• DrJRapp
        Super Senior Member
        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Ken Makela
        I spoke to someone who sells both and he chimed that a Rotel Duo would be a better match than even Anthem for my B&Ws (not sure why he'd say that unless he truly believes it).
        Ken
        B&W, Classe and Rotel are owned by the same company. Rotel uses B&W speakers to test and "voice" their equipment. Nuff said?
        Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• Nick M
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Nov 2004

Not sure about official prices in Canadian Dollars, but the prices in American Dollars are as follows...

RSP-1068 $1700
          RMB-1075 $1000
          RMB-1095 $2000

Obviously those prices go up when converted to canuckian currency.
          Expect around 10% off if purchased as a package.

Good Luck!
          ~Nick

Comment

• kmak
            Super Senior Member
            • Dec 2002

Thanks Nicholas,

That should work out to around $4,600.00 (1068 + 1095) or $3,400 (1068 + 1075). Depends on the daily exchange. That helped a lot! Do those numbers sound right Canadian guys? I should be able to swing a decent deal since I bought most of my gear from the same dealer, mind you it's been awhile. Hence my itch to upgrade.

Ken

Comment

• PewterTA
              • Nov 2004

You should be able to get it for under $4K I would think for the 1068 and 1095 combo...

That'd be my guess, and you'll like the way that combo sounds...
              Digital Audio makes me Happy.
              -Dan

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

I'm not totally sure what the new prices are but typically use 1.5 as the exchange rate and you'd be close for the Rotel gear from the US MRSP...for example I know the 1070 was $999, the 1075 and 1080 were $1499 Cdn, and the 1095 are $2999...not sure on the pre pro's.

Comment

• kmak
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Dec 2002

Andrew,

I think we're more like 1.25 on exchange (that's what my company is using), our dollar is much better than 1.5. At least I hope I'm right. :B

Ken

Comment

• Hoffa
                    • Nov 2004

Msrp

List was (according to Steves TV in Kitchener)
                    $1500 CDN for the 1075
                    $2400 CDN for the 1068

But I was quoted 12% less then that, without much negotiation.

Hope that helps

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Aug 2000

Ken our actual dollar exchange rate is better then 1.5 but the Rotel MRSP price listings are closer to 1.5 As hoffa says though expect to get at least 10 percent off that esp with the strong dollar we have now.

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"