X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThomasJ
    • Dec 2004

Just received my RSX-1056 and love it!!

I just got my 1056 late last week. I really like it so far. I had the Pioneer Elite 56TXi before buying the 1056 and have no regrets. I was wondering when I first got it if I had to update my software to the newest but it already has the 1.1.9 software installed. Rotel only shows up to 1.1.7. Very nice looking unit and sounds excellent as well. I am a very happy Rotel customer.
    Last edited by ThomasJ; 05 January 2005, 00:12 Wednesday.
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

Congratulations ThomasJ and Welcome to Club Rotel.

Enjoy you new toy and keep us posted.

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• basementjack
      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by ThomasJ
      I just got my 1056 late last week. I really like it so far. I had the Pioneer Elite 56TXi before buying the 1056 and have no regrets. I was wondering when I first got it if I had to update my software to the newest but it already has the 1.1.9 software installed. Rotel only shows up to 1.1.8. Very nice looking unit and sounds excellent as well. I am a very happy Rotel customer.
      Hey ThomasJ - I just brought one home today (I'm in North America) and it shows firmware 1.1.7 on it. What was the date of the 1.1.9 firmware?

Also can you copy and paste the link where you found the 1.1.8 firmware listed? I checked the North american site and they are still only showing release 1.1.7

- Jack

Comment

• rick c
        • Aug 2004

I also got the v1.1.7 on my rotel which i got about a month ago.What does the v1.1.9 provide.

Comment

• ThomasJ
          • Dec 2004

I got it shipped directly from Rotel to AudioWarehouse here in Regina,Sask.,Canada. The software is dated 04/10/11 and is V 1.1.9. It must have just been manufactured . Sounds great, no problems yet whatsoever. The menu system and remote take some getting used to but now I am getting the hang of it. Doesn't seem to heat up at all, not even close to as much as the Pioneer did. I corrected my first post as well as the Rotel site does in fact show the 1.1.7 as the newest software. I am not sure what the 1.1.9 updates on the receiver. Very impressed with Rotel.
          Last edited by ThomasJ; 05 January 2005, 11:54 Wednesday.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

I'll see what I can find out guys. It might be awhile though as I'm sure most of Rotel's staff will be at CES at the moment.

Comment

• rick c
              • Aug 2004

Hope u guys can help me out.I just realized that i dont have v1.1.7 i actually have the 1.1.4.DO i need to upgade the software.Would it benefit me in any way and how would it,thanks

Comment

• basementjack
                • Dec 2004

Any updates on the 1.1.9 firmware?

I've seen a few posts now that mention it and I'd love to find out what they've changed.

Comment

• Kyle
                  • Jan 2005

Sort of off topic, but sort of not. How do you know what firmware revision you are running? I have a 1068, and I don't see it in the OSD anywhere..
                  My gear

Comment

• ThomasJ
                    • Dec 2004

If you hit the mute button and hold it, it will show the firmware version. Not loving my 1056 so much anymore.

Comment

• Taito
                      • Sep 2004

What's happened to cause the change of heart?

Comment

• ThomasJ
                        • Dec 2004

I found that my 1056 makes a snapping sound out the speakers as per my other thread.

Comment

• basementjack
                          • Dec 2004

Any update on what's new with the 1.1.9 firmware?

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"