X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rick c
    • Aug 2004

RSX1056 "crackling" dilemna ?

Last week i realized that my rsx1056 did have the crackling thru the speakers due to chip problem.I called dealer and rotel and they have shipped a replacement soon to arrive.My question is that i havent heard the crackling in quite a few days and i have tried to see if i can duplicate it but havent been able to.Could the problem have fixed itself?I'm in a dilemna now and am wondering should i tell the dealer to forget about the new rotel or should i still get it.I believe the problem is sporatic therefore i'm leary of not getting the new one.I feel that if i dont the problem will come back.Can you guys give me so pointers.FWIW the new one should have all the new firmware.
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

The issue is a faulty resistor so if you've heard it once you have a defective unit that does need replacing. Keep the new one and enjoy the show

Comment

• Asterduc
      • Dec 2004

Hi Rick,

I had a 1 sec strange sound when I started up the unit (1056 with 1.1.7) 'bout a month ago. This was the only time it did it in 3 months now. So, I too was thinking for not getting it replaced. It's working fine for the rest of the time. Anyway, with a 5 year warranty there isn't much to loose if I wait.

Ed.

Comment

• Kens1
        • Mar 2005

New 1056 working flawlessly

I returned my old 1056 for a new one a couple of days ago because of the popping sound. The new is working without a hiss (which I never had with the first one) or any popping noise coming from the speakers. I am happy once again.

Comment

• cmdwolf
          • Mar 2005

Same problem

I wish I had read down a little further. I just posted this comment to someone who was interested in the 1056.

I actually purchased the 1056 about three weeks ago and I am on my third reciever. The first one, as we say in the electronic world "let the smoke out" and that was it. The store apologized and stated this has never happened to a Rotel system before. The second reciever I got made my speakers crack constantly. Finally the dealer came to my home with a third reciever and and checked my wiring thinking it may have been the way I set up my system. Well after a few hours they set up the third reciever and now I am happy as a pig in poop. The Rotel 1056 is great, but it was a hassle.

Thank God I purchased from a local store! Great support!

Fronts: B&W CM4
          Cenetr: CMC
          Sub: ASW CM
          Rears: Bose 201

Comment

• rick c
            • Aug 2004

my dealer called me yesterday the new rsx1056 is in.I'll be picking it up on monday.Would of done it sooner but have to disconnect the old one to take it in.

Comment

• rick c
              • Aug 2004

Just picked up the new rotel rsx1056 and returned my old one.Rotel was great in exchanging the defective unit.And as a good surprise the new one has the v1.9 firmware.Havent played with it yet but will do so tonite to make sure eveything is in order.Apparently they are exchanging the units that have the chip problem w/o any delays.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"