X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Raphie
    • Nov 2004

RSP-1068 firmware update requests

All,

After using my RSP-1068 for a couple of weeks now, i've found 2 "annoyances"

1. CD input - I would like this input to switch between analog and digital (press once get the input you'd listen to last time, press it again and get the alternate one) in this way you don't have to flip through the whole OSD in order to change this
    2. digital input frequency DISPLAY error? the display allways states 48K instead of 44K? (with CD, SAT, XBOX and other digital input)
  • weijst
    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Raphie
    1. CD input - I would like this input to switch between analog and digital (press once get the input you'd listen to last time, press it again and get the alternate one) in this way you don't have to flip through the whole OSD in order to change this
    Why don't you:
    Setup your digital CD input under one of the aux inputs (V1 - V5). Sellecting the CD input could give you for instance analog sound, while sellecting the aux input could give you sound through the digital input.

Originally posted by Raphie
    2. digital input frequency DISPLAY error? the display allways states 48K instead of 44K? (with CD, SAT, XBOX and other digital input)
    Strange, when I'm playing a CD using the digital input, the display clearly states 44.1K...
    Marantz SR7005, UD5007; B&W SCMS, Nautilus SCM1; Velodyne SPL-1200R

Comment

• soundhound
      • Mar 2004

I had done as weijst recomends and it works pretty slick as such. I have a Denon dvd/cd, I assigned the dvd to video 2, with a coaxial input, and then use the cd input with analog in so I can sample back and forth if I would choose.

Comment

• Raphie
        • Nov 2004

This is the way i've done it now, but i don't want to sacrifice an additional Video input for this, there are more buttons in there which cycle through settings (dsp, 2ch etc) i just thought it would be neater to assign both an analog and digital input to the CD input

Comment

• Kevin D
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Oct 2002

Several options on #1. You can use the D-SLT button to cycle through all the digital inputs and analog. If that's still too much button pressing, you could set up a macro button on the remote to hit D-SLT X times to go from digtal to analog, and then another button to hit D-SLT X times to go back to the right digital input from analog. OR.. If you have another source that's digtal only, run the CD analog to that input. When the other source is off, the input will default to the analog (CD) input. So when you want to do the toggle back and forth, just make sure the other device is off.

On #2, are you using a DVD player for CD's? Sat, DVD and XBOX IS 48khz, and several DVD players wil upsample everything to 48khz (the same as DVD), just to keep the output stage the same.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Raphie
            • Nov 2004

Kevin, this is helpful info I didn't know that Xbox and SATare 48, i looked again at my CD and it said 44.1 there so that's solved :P

Where can i find the D-SLT button? this sounds like the solution for me

ThnX again for your input :T

Comment

• Kevin D
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Oct 2002

Lower right under the sliding cover. Glad to help.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Raphie
                • Nov 2004

found it! (question of RTFM i guess )

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"