X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HoboLoco
    • Dec 2004

1984? Big Brother

I don't believe that Lex is that worried about competition, this is a Rotel board, that is the brand of components I recently bought. I looked elsewhere for a wires etc. board and didn't find one. So I figured this was the most approriate place to post this post. Can someone at least give some reviews on the Catcables, Im not a snob, I just need some cables!
  • Taito
    • Sep 2004

I believe Aussie Geoff has had some excellent experience with CatCables. Run a search for KingCats on this forum and take a look. From all that I have read (I dont own any... yet), CatCables are fantastic products. Read Lex's thread on cable rules... not big brotherish, not even like animal farm. Perfectly fair considering that he makes this forum possible.

-Ben

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
      Super Senior Member
      • Oct 2003

Hobo,

Have a read through the posts in the CatCables forum HERE and you'll get a sense of what people think..

I have a wide variety of cables in my system. Earlier this year I bought one CatCable (a Silver Digital Coax not on their site). I found it so good I bought more (and more) of their cables. The SilverKing Cats and Silver Cats interconnects are great as well. I have lots of other brands and consider the CatCables the best sounding (not the most expensive but the best sounding) cables I have...

Geoff

Comment

• HoboLoco
        • Dec 2004

Thank you guys, I like what I read about them. I appreciate the Links! I am so newbish when it comes to home audio I am not sure what I even needed! Thnaks, JB

Comment

• gd
          • Jan 2003

I can certainly vouch for the Silver Digital cable (not yet shown on the Catcables site)... and for Doug's customer service.

As you are a self-described 'newbish' guy, it might interest you to know that cables in general are a very hotly debated topic... some insist there are audible differences and spend considerable money in pursuit of 'the best'... others insist that there are virtually no differences in cables and insist on spending bare minimum... as you might imagine, these debates can get serious; such threads are frequently locked on various forums.

So in addition to supporting our forum sponsor (who coincidentally makes a well-constructed, high-performance cable product, IMO), the other reason to not launch a cable discussion here is the 'threat of war'.

For your purposes, you might consider making cables about 10% of your total expenditure, especially as you are hooking up high-quality Rotel components... Doug's cables are an excellent match (again, IMO), and the makes you mentioned elsewhere are reputable... if you are interested in determining whether audible differences exist from make to make or grade to grade, your best option is to actually buy extras and compare them in your own system for your own ears.

Happy hunting.
          greg (gd to you)
          Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring
          production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.

Frank Zappa

Comment

• HoboLoco
            • Dec 2004

thanks gd, very helpful advice...

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"