X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HoboLoco
    • Dec 2004

Best Cables for Rotel 1098/1095 ????

Okay I am taking my time with me setup since I am going to have it for awhile. Because of this, I would like to get the best sounding everything (within reason) for my budget. I just purchased the Rotel 1098/1095 combo. I have 10 days before it arrives, so I want to have everything else here when it finally comes so I wont have to wait longer! I am looking for some high quality interconnects for my pre/pro and speaker wires to my speakers. I am rather new to Home Audio so I need some guidance on what interconnects/wires to use for my system. I will use my system for about 60% HT and 40% Music. Now to my system. My front speakers are (not sure if type or brand of speaker has impact on wire/cable so Im listing anyway) Definitive Technology Bp2004tl's. My rears are Onix Rocket RS-750 Sig's. As of now I have no center. I also don't have a great dvd or cd player to speak of. Anyway hope this info helps you help me! Thanks in advance for all help and info! Oh, I have looked at kimber kables and TMC-interconnects - if you like you could comment on these two brands if you have used them in the past. Again thanks, Hobo!
  • jimmyp58
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

I am certain Doug (aka LEX), who is the owner here at HT Guide, will be willing to give you a hand with this. Why don't you give him a PM?!

Jim
    jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
      Super Senior Member
      • Oct 2003

Hi,

Just a friendly reminder, one of the guidelines for posting is:

Limit Cable Discissions - HTGuide's owner and main sponsor (Doug A.K.A. Lex and owner of www.catables.com) has found from many years experience that cable discussions can get way out of hand quickly - so there are special restrictions on them such as they can't be the main topic of discussion (i.e. the thread) and there can be no links to websites that are purely on-line cable brands. So - if you want to talk cables - try PMs or go elsewhere!

This thread has the potential to "cross the line" on this guideline so let's all be very careful...

Geoff

Comment

• HoboLoco
        • Dec 2004

I just dont see the harm in talking about which speaker wires are best for my particular setup? I maybe new to this forum, but if threads are goverened this tightly, I will "go elsewhere!"

Comment

• Kevin D
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Oct 2002

It's more about respect. The cost of running the forum comes from Lex, Lex sells cables, anything diverting sales from Lex should not be posted. This a great forum for everything and a pretty specialized sub-forum for Rotel products. If you feel like going elsewhere due to a lack of cable discussions, I'm sorry.

Everyone pretty much recommends whatever they own, and the more they paid the better they recommend it.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"