X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • georose
    • Apr 2003

RSX 1055 No Balance For Stereo

There doesn't seem to be any way to balance an analog stereo signal on my RSX 1055. I have a great turntable and some very good vinyl that is mono. Unfortunately the balance is not perfect on the turntable cartridge. I can't believe Rotel omitted a way to balance left and right channels. There sure are enough "bells and whistles" for surround sound.
  • Jurgen
    • Jul 2003

Hi,

Correct me if I'me wrong: but perhaps you could use the level chanel setup for this, by for instance, increasing the right channel with a few db.

Hope this helps,
    Jurgen

btw: great forum! I'me glad I could join.

Comment

• Danbry39
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Sep 2002

Hey, jurgen, welcome to the forum.

Yeah, if you calibrate your system with a sound meter such as that sold by Radio Shack and good software such as Avia, the sound should be balanced for all channels, including two channel.

Keith
      Keith

Comment

• Jsapp
        • Jun 2003

I ran into something similar. Becuase of the way my room is set up (a large 4 foot opening into a landing and then open stairway up to the kitchen) after I did an Avia calibration when I listened to stero the sound stage (imaging) seemed to be slightly offset to the right). I wne in to test tone and calibrated the front speakers using the test tone. There was about 1.5 DB differnce between the Avia and internal test tone. (Left speaker being lower) I balanced them out using INTERNAL test tone and tahda the sound stage was less biased to the right. It is a bit of a pain to have to go into this menu rather than turn a balance control but the Test tone screen is the global balance setting and will apply to stero listening.

Comment

• georose
          • Apr 2003

Thanks for the responses. Indeed the Test Tone menu is global. I just assumed since you can't access it in stero mode that it didn't apply. My L+R speakers are set equally but some tapes and old vinyl can sometime be out of balance. My Rotel is a wonderful piece of audio equipment inspite of the extra work to balance and this forum is truely the greatest!

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"