X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kideks
    • Dec 2004

RSX 1067 vs RSP 1068/RMB 1075

Hello
    I am new to Rotel, I will be upgrading my old Yamaha amplifier to RSX 1067 or maybe I should spend more and get separates. But is it worth doing that, I do not know. Can someone please help me with my decision, what are the pluses of separates, is the sound much better?
    I do own Klipsch KLF 30 speakers.
    Thank you
  • loup
    • Nov 2004

you can go with the rsx-1056 and rmb-1075. Save you about $400 vs going 1068/1075 combo. I went w/ 1056/1075 combo because i wanted the tuner and possible second zone.

Comment

• soundhound
      • Mar 2004

"sound much better" is bound to stir controversy, but, from an upgrade stand point seperates are a wiser choice. Pick a powerful enough amp or amps to drive your'e speakers, wich Rotel makes a few, and in a year or two if technology changes you can replace a pre/pro with out having to start from scratch. Find a local dealer and spend some time listening, and I am sure you will find one you like. I also came from Yamaha and have never looked back.

Comment

• Azeke
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2003

I have also gone from a Yamaha RV-3200, to Rotel separates and have not regretted my decision. Separates allow better flexibility as the technology changes, as Soundhound previously mentioned, and also you don't have excessive components cramped into a box, this yields less "floor noise", (in theory of course). If you are trying to put everything in one box for logistics, you may want a receiver, otherwise go separates, you won't look back. I have not known many individuals who have gone the separtes route and then returned to receivers.

Here are some other options:

1) 1056 ( if you need a tuner, etc.) driving surrounds and center, and the RB-1080 for front channel duties.

2) 1068, RMB-1075 (surround and centers), RB-1080 (front channels).

There are other options to consider, but I believe the above options are also worthy of consideration.

The bottom line is to listen and to make your own decision, listen with your own ears, afterall it's your hearing that must be pleased, and your money that is being spent.

Good luck on your choices and keep up posted.

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• pdr711
          • Sep 2004

kideks

I am sure separates will give you a better sound sonicly and the opportunity for future upgrades but at a cost. I went from a Yamaha 1400 to the option 1 that Azeke mentioned and I have been impressed with the turnout.

Dan

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"