X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • efarstad
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jun 2001

HDCD Encoded CD's

Hey gang...listening to some tunes last night and my HDCD encoded CD's took a VERY long time for my 1066 to recognize and play the signal...as long as 15 seconds into the song at some instances. Anyone else having difficulty playing HDCD encoded software?

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
    E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
    E-Cinema
  • Danbry39
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2002

I usually use an analog feed, but occasionally have used a digital feed to take advantage of the HDCD decoding and have not noticed a delay like the one your talking about.

Anyone else?

Keith
    Keith

Comment

• efarstad
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jun 2001

I should also mention this is via an optical cable...don't have the luxury of running coaxial to see if it's the input...FYI...

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
      E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
      E-Cinema

Comment

• jprzybylski
        • Feb 2003

I had major problems with signal delay with my 1066 which Rotel couldn't help me with and I ended up trading it in for something else.

If this really bothers you as it did me (The 1066 DID cost $1500, I don't think there should be a delay) I suggest you contact Rotel directly so they understand that alot of people have this problem and maybe they will look into fixing it.

Good luck!

Comment

• efarstad
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jun 2001

I've already e-mailed good ole Mike and will report back shortly what I find out!

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
          E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
          E-Cinema

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

I haven't notice any delay's from my Sony jukebox which is connected optically to the 1055..that said I don't have many HDCD's and not notice when the little light lights up but I do have the jukebox running an awful lot in random mode and I've not notice that long a delay...I'll try it tonight though on some of the known HDCD titles and see what happens.

Comment

• wng
              • Dec 2002

My CD player handles HDCD duties, but I just ran five HDCDs on my Sony DVD player connected optically to my 1066. Other than 1 to 2 secs locking onto the signal, no problems here.

Comment

• efarstad
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jun 2001

Thanks for checking...figure it's just my unit then...

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
                E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
                E-Cinema

Comment

• Tha Freak
                  • Jul 2003

Originally posted by efarstad
                  Thanks for checking...figure it's just my unit then...

E
                  Haven't I have bought a pair of Energy C-2 from you???

About HDCD, is there a way to identify them at the store??
                  and is there a list of all the available titles?...
                  My player isn't HDCD, but my RSX-1055 is...is it OK?

and do I have to use the coax digital for that or the analog?

- - - - - - - - - -

"Are you gonna bark all day little doggy?...or are you gonna bite?
                  -Mr. Blond in Reservoir Dogs
                  - - - - - - - - - -

Comment

• Danbry39
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Sep 2002

Freak,

Some CD's are marked as HDCD, while others thus encoded, don't list this information on the label. Your guess is as good as mine as to why.

Keith
                    Keith

Comment

• Tha Freak
                      • Jul 2003

What happen if I have a disc that is HDCD encoded and I don't know about it?? will it play automatically as HD? or do I have to select something?

(and why do I always have to re-login everytime I want to post?)

- - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - -

Comment

• Tha Freak
                        • Jul 2003

double post...sorry!

- - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - -

Comment

• danam
                          • Jul 2003

for more info about HDCD coded CDs just check on www.hdcd.com

like Danbry39 said, most of HDCD encoded cd's are not labeled HDCD ... so you might have some HDCD cd's without knowing it ! :roll:

enjoy !

Comment

• Danbry39
                            Moderator Emeritus
                            • Sep 2002

The Rotel should auto detect the HDCD, whether it's labeled as such or not.

As far as logging on, go to your profile, make sure you type in your password, then click the box which indicates you want the computer to automatically log you in. Make sure your computer enables cookies to do so. After you're done, I'd advise you to go back and recheck whether the box remained checked. I had to do it a couple of times before it did it for me.

Keith
                            Keith

Comment

• danam
                              • Jul 2003

Hi all, I reply to this post not to create another one.

I just tried a HDCD CD but the 1066 didnt switch to HDCD ...
                              I have a CD-723 Philips CD Player connected through digital coaxial cable ... the cd plays but no HDCD Led on.

Any suggestion ?

Thx

Comment

• Danbry39
                                Moderator Emeritus
                                • Sep 2002

Hi Danam,

How are things on the other side of the Atlantic?

Hate these sporadic problems. I must have really lucked out with my 1066. Anyway, try turning off your Rotel (while set to play CD) and your CD player. Restart everything and try again. I only mention that because I once had a problem getting a DVD to play in DTS and this proceedure worked for me.

Other than that, some have been mentioning compatibility problems with certain source players and the Rotel. In other words, the package with the information that it is a HDCD isn't picked up by the Rotel.

Keith
                                Keith

Comment

• danam
                                  • Jul 2003

ok i think i have the answer !
                                  it seems that the philips 723 cd player has a "specific" output and it doesnt let pass the HDCD signal ... so it's not the 1066's fault but my cd deck ... grrr it's pushing to do the jump to a SACD sony deck !

besides that, everything is fine oversea ! 8)
                                  I'm about to go and listen to the 1098 again this afternoon ...
                                  I'm also about to come back to work on monday after 3 weeks off !

Comment

• zeppelin
                                    • May 2003

I'm using an old CD player Marantz CD-52MK2 and I'm running it thru a coaxial cable (Belden75ohm) to my RSP1066 and 1066 detected the HDCD signal within 2 or 3 secs. Than I tried it with my old Denon LD player LA-3300G running it thru an optical cable and came out with the same results the 1066 detected HDCD within 2 or 3 secs. Other than that theres no problem with HDCD.

Comment

• spiffnme
                                      • Apr 2003

From all the reading I've done on this HDCD subject on the boards, it seems like the issue is a compatibility problem between the cd/dvd player and the Rotel. Some combo's work well, others don't.

I just placed an order for the Denon DVD-2900. Has anyone paired the 2900 with the 1066 for HDCD playback? Any problems? My Pioneer 656A has some major issues with sending the HDCD signal to my 1066, I'm hoping I won't have the same trouble with my latest toy.

www.funnyfarmcomics.net
                                      All Daredevil, All the Time!

Comment

Working...
                                      Searching...Please wait.
                                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                      Search Result for "|||"