X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachbum
    • Nov 2004

rocket with 1075 and 1056

after a lot of searching and researching, i have decided to go with the onix rocket 750, 550, 200, w10, ht package, dose anyone have this combo? or mabe close to it, the b&w 703s sound real good, but i thing something was missing, hate to go it blind, i have the 30 day return,
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

Beachbum,

You might get a broader response if you title the query soemthing like "Any experience with Onix Rocket Speakers?" and repost it in the Home Theater Forum or Audio Forum up the top end of HT Guide - you will get more traffic that way and your request is not really Rotel related...

Geoff

Comment

• pdr711
      • Sep 2004

beachbum

I have the 550/200/150 Rocket package. I ran them with a Yamaha 1400 for about a year. Now I power them with the 1056/1080 combo. I picked up some better detailing and all around sound clarity when I went with the Rotel products. I am happy with the result for now. I am thinking about upgrading my 550's to the new 850's that are about to go on sell.

By the way your title suggests you may live near a beach area, just wondering where that might be?

Dan

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

My M8a speaker use the same drivers as the Rockets and they sound very very good...they've got a warm smooth sound not unlike some B&W's

Comment

• beachbum
          • Nov 2004

hello dan, thanks for the responce, i live in the new orleans area, i try to get to the florida panhandle as often as possible as i love the beach, i see you are close to the gulf also, darn hurricans did some real damage to the penniscola beach i love. i have not received my rockets yet and the christmas specials from mark are cool. seems like a real good company to deal with. i have had all the respect for sean, how do you like the sound of these speakers? mike

Comment

• pdr711
            • Sep 2004

Yeh Mike I am a fan of the beach as well. I lived in SoCal for awhile. I have vacationed in Virginia Beach, Padre Island, Tampa/Fort myers area and Hawaii.

Getting back to the av talk. I had Def Techs before I bought the Rockets. I almost purchased some paradigms but lucky for me the salesman was a
            d***, so I took a gamble and went with the Rockets. I love the sound, especially now that I added the Rotel 1056/1080 combo. They're looks are quite nice as well.

Dan

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"