X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Also, in a few cases they appear to be using the same video and audio DACs.
    That's not really surprising since cirrus is one of the few companys making a chip that does it all..so manufacturers really only have one option other then trying to design their own...which very few can afford to do (harman internation being one exception I believe)

Comment

• Jim Mc
      • Jun 2003

GOOD NEWS!!

My dealer called this afternoon. My 1098 has arrived at his warehouse and will be in the store for pickup Tuesday afternoon!!!

Man I think that business trip to Cleveland might get delayed a day. Cough, Cough, Hack, Sneeze, I feel a sick day coming on.
      :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

The Stargate
      http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?m=66116202303&n=1123730486

The Stargate

Comment

• Danbry39
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Sep 2002

Screw Cleveland! Screw the job! You do look like you're coming down with a one day this or that. :LOL:

Wow, after all this waiting, they're finally here. ;h

Can't wait until you post your initial impressions.

Keith
        Keith

Comment

• skipm
          • Jun 2003

Jim-

You ARE looking a little green around the gills man. Not to mention that silly grin that won't go away. I know of only one cure for "rotelitis". You have to take a day off from work. You said Tuesday, right, as in tomorrow right? Congratulations! I know you have been waiting a long time for this. Don't forget to take a break or two to post and let the rest of us know how it's going. There will be a lot of folks living vicariously through you the next couple of weeks.

Congrats again, lookin' forward to the posts.

-Skip

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Congrat's on being the first Club Roteler to get their hands on a 1098! Keep us all posted on what you think of it...

Comment

• Jim Mc
              • Jun 2003

It's the 23rd, any RSP-1098 Sightings?

Well that was the original question. The answer is YES. I my Home Theater. I bought the Black and it looks very nice. The dealer received only 3 black no silver yet. Mine and another guys were pre-sold. I am not sure but I think the third is also sold.

Unfortunately as my wife painfully reminded me it has been my job that helped to allow this joyful occasion. So with a sad face I must trudge off to work and Cleveland.

But fear not for the weekend approaches and with that I will begin the process of rebuilding my system around the 1098. I will keep you all updated.
              :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

The Stargate
              http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?m=66116202303&n=1123730486

The Stargate

Comment

• skipm
                • Jun 2003

Jim-

Not to worry. Just post your address and a bunch of us will come over and set everything up for you while you're gone. arty:

That's great news and have a safe trip.

-Skip

Comment

• skipm
                  • Jun 2003

Well, no joy in Mudville (or Atlanta)

Just spoke to my dealer. My silver 1075 arrived today but no 1098 to go with it. He's hopeful that it will arrive by the end of the week but we'll see.

-Skip

Comment

• Azeke
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Mar 2003

I just called Myer-Emco and they have a 1098 available in Silver, and with my trade up policy (90 days) I can purchase it. I told him to hold it for me. Boy, my wife is gonna kill me. Maybe I can sneak it in the house and replace the 1066 and she won't recognize it. UhOh.

Here I go,

Azeke

Comment

• Azeke
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Mar 2003

Okay, I pulled the trigger and purchased the silver 1098, utilizing the ninety day upgrade policy. I wasn't able to get much of a discount because it was an upgrade (as per Myer-Emco policy), that didn't make me very happy, but at least I got some percentage points off for being a regular customer. I will keep you guys and gals posted, after I sneak it in the house

Azeke

Comment

• LEVESQUE
                        • Oct 2002

Maybe I can sneak it in the house and replace the 1066 and she won't recognize it. UhOh.
                        Azeke. DON'T TRY THIS! I tried to slip my new silver Bryston 4BSST under my wife nose, and I ended up with an extra-long speech, with the mother-in-law nodding and adding comments to it!

I had a strategy. I tought she would get confuse thinking it was my Anthem AVM20 (face plates look alike) that I was moving around, but my mother-in-law did notice the "addition" in the rack... She's a sneaky one.

Just kidding. But she still don't understand why I needed another amp. Sigh... Women!

I'm anxious to hear a review on the RSP-1098, because I canceled my order and decided to go with the Anthem AVM20 1 month ago. I'm more then satisfied, but I'm curious...

I was badly in need of XLR balanced output, so the RSP-1098 was out for me...
                        To spend more $$$ on electronics without first addressing room acoustics is fruitless IMO.

Comment

• Azeke
                          Super Senior Member
                          • Mar 2003

Levesque,

Thanks for the advice, fortunately I am replacing the 1066 with the 1098, ergo no additions. I still don't know how I going to hide that pretty color screen (perhaps some tape :? ).

Thanks again, it was wonderful hearing from you.

UhOh, he comes the better half, I better go now.

Azeke

Comment

• ejfiii
                            • May 2003

Hey Azeke, which Myer Emco do you go to? I get all my stuff from Ted at Fairfax. Are you in Northern VA? I am in Alexandria.

E. J.

My HT
                            My HT

Comment

• Azeke
                              Super Senior Member
                              • Mar 2003

E.J.,

I went to the Myer-Emco in Mclean, Va., I was told by Scott that Myer-Emco (company wide) were only shipped four (now only three left as of yesterday), they arrived one hour before I called. I guess that's why it was available.

Lucky me,

Azeke

Comment

• sndtowne
                                • Jan 2003

Well, guess what UPS just delivered? An RSP-1098 and an RDV-1060.

They really do exist. Haven't had a chance to hook them up yet, but the processer looks really cool.

Bruce
                                Bruce

Comment

Working...
                                Searching...Please wait.
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                Search Result for "|||"