does the rotel silver match with the denon silver?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • t69
    • Oct 2004

does the rotel silver match with the denon silver?

hello,

sorry for my bad english, i normally speak german or french.

i'm look for a new pre (1068 or 1098) and want to know if the silver would
    match with the denon silver (2910 or 3910).

thanks in advance for your answer, perhaps someone have a picture, that
    would be great.

:-) t69
    Plasma TV: Hitachi 42PD7200 / Preamp: Rotel RSP 1066 / DVD: Denon 3930 / Speakers (Bi-Active): Front: 2x Rowen AT Sphere / Center: 2x Rowen AM1c / Rear: 2x Rowen AT Sphere / Subwoofer: SVS PB12-Plus/2

Home Cinema I / Home Cinema II
  • Wolfenstein 2k2
    • Jun 2004

I own the 1098 pre amp / 1075 power amp combo and also know Denon quite well. No, the Rotel silver does not really match Denon´s silver finish. Rotel´s silver finish is rather dull and almost looks white in bright sunlight whereas Denon´s finish is brushed aluminium with a much smoother surface which can be compared to e.g. Pioneer´s silver devices. Just have a look at my pictures that I added...

Attached Files
    Last edited by Wolfenstein 2k2; 07 November 2004, 20:20 Sunday.

Comment

• DrJRapp
      Super Senior Member
      • Apr 2003

Unfortunatly Rotel's "silver" isn't brushed metal, it's just powder coat paint. It doesn't really match much of anything. Fortunatly, all the Rotel "silver" components are also mostly or partially black. I find that most manufacturer's black components coordinate with my Rotel gear better than silver components.
      Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• t69
        • Oct 2004

hy,

thanks for your comments and the photos. you're great.

so, i think that a bi-color pre with a black dvd player would be the right choice, the way to go... and the waf (women acceptance factor) would be ok.

once again, thanks.

:-) T69
        Plasma TV: Hitachi 42PD7200 / Preamp: Rotel RSP 1066 / DVD: Denon 3930 / Speakers (Bi-Active): Front: 2x Rowen AT Sphere / Center: 2x Rowen AM1c / Rear: 2x Rowen AT Sphere / Subwoofer: SVS PB12-Plus/2

Home Cinema I / Home Cinema II

Comment

• nash
          • Mar 2004

My silver denon 2910 arrived today. The silver looks similar to the Pioneer pictured above. More of a "bronzed" silver than the flat silver of the Rotel (which I find very appealing). Luckily the Denon matches my Zenith HD set top box, so it doesn't look goofy. I think I still prefer it over the black, which I think looks too monolithic (and I don't like the brown text/silkscreens that come on the black.

Comment

• DrJRapp
            Super Senior Member
            • Apr 2003

Nash:
            I'd like to here what you think of that 2910 once you've got it up and running.
            Jerry Rappaport

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"