X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlazeMaster
    • May 2004

A used 1070 amp?

Hi everyone. I found a used RB1070 for about $550, should I take it? The guy said he had it only for about 3-4 weeks and including shipping would be about $600 vs. a brand new one $700 plus tax would be about $760. My dilema is that I just bought a SVS PCi20-39 and are thinking about exchanging it for something more powerful. I don't make alot of money so I can't have both things. What would you guys do if in my shoes? Which more give me a bigger improvement in my system? Look in my profile for my system description.

The more powerful SVS would rid all my need for more bass for good.

The 1070 can give me more dynamics for 2 channel music and can be used to drive rear surrounds in the future or used to bi-amp a future HTM1.
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Tough choice. For HT go for the bigger sub...for music go for the amp..which is more important to you at this point?

Comment

• BlazeMaster
      • May 2004

I guess it'd be the HT part that I enjoy more at this point. I think for HT, a more powerful SVS should be enough said. Thanks for the suggestion Andrew, I don't know why I didn't see it that way before.

Comment

• teekster
        • Jul 2003

Not sure which you should go for, but you should be able to talk your dealer down from the $700 MSRP.

Comment

• BlazeMaster
          • May 2004

yea....that used one for $550 plus about $60-$100 for shipping won't save me much compared to a brand new one with some discount from dealer. Nevertheless, I just sent in my PCi20-39 for exchange, and am leaning towards the PB12plus/2, the price difference is so small comparing to any other box, might as well just get the BEASTY one.

Comment

• TimRawson
            • Oct 2004

Yeah, just last week I had purchased a RB1070 for 600 + tax. But later returned it as I wanted more. Dealer offered me to hold onto the 1070 and tradein/upgrade to the 1080 down the road for 300 bucks more when I'm ready.

I still returned because I didn't want to pay for something I knew I wasn't going to keep.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"