X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NHT
    • Mar 2004

How come I cant change surround modes?

When watching movies, Im trying to change my surround mode, which is DD, to DD+xs or DD+pIIx, etc. But the only two options I have are DD and DDdownmix. How do I change it? Thanks in advance for your help
    Last edited by NHT; 30 October 2004, 01:08 Saturday.
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

NHT,

Do you have a 5.1 system or is it set to 5.1?

If you only have a 5.1 system and are playing a 5.1 source like DD 5.1 or DTS 5.1 then XS or Prologic IIx processing on the 6th or 7th channel are not available or shown as you do not have the speakers to use them.

Geoff

Comment

• NHT
      • Mar 2004

Im sorry. What do you mean by do I have a 5.1 system or is it set to 5.1? The reason Im asking is that about 2 weeks ago, I was able to change to DD+xs and pIIx, etc. But now Im not able to and I dont know what settings I changed that disabled me from changing it.

Comment

• shadow
        • Dec 2003

7 speakers or 5?

Comment

• NHT
          • Mar 2004

IVe got 5

Comment

• Scherr
            • Dec 2003

If a movie is in DD 5.1, then there is no option for IIx/XS/etc. since you only have 5 speakers. 5.1 is discrete and there is no further decoding to be done.

If the source is 2.0, then PLIIX/5 channel stereo/etc. can be applied.

Scott

Comment

• Kevin D
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Oct 2002

Originally posted by NHT
              Im sorry. What do you mean by do I have a 5.1 system or is it set to 5.1? The reason Im asking is that about 2 weeks ago, I was able to change to DD+xs and pIIx, etc. But now Im not able to and I dont know what settings I changed that disabled me from changing it.
              The setting you changed (correctly) is to turn both center rear outputs off. Anything above regular PLII and DD/DTS is not available running 5.1.

If for some reason you have always had the two center rears disabled, be glad that your pre-amp is now working correctly!

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"