X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alebonau
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Oct 2005

If I could wish for....note to mf

Wouldnt it be nice to wish for something and it came true....

well it would be wouldnt it hehe. not sure about the coming true...but theres no harm in dreaming hehe. maybe this space might get noticed by musical fidelity...never know and they might see as feedback from their customers as to what they wish for ? never know might give them either support for ideas or more thoughts when thinking up new products or features for releases of updates for existing products ?

Oh I'd wish for a M8 series stereo power amplifier ! I know they got the mono blocs, but not everyone could fit a pair of those in so would be great to see a lovely stereo power amp in the M8 series could be along the lines of the M6 500i just without the pre amp section and kept with the balanced nature of the M8s with balanced XLRs for ins and daisy chain outs

love to see a CD/SACD source in the M8 series or even a dac....and oh I know mf have always loved tubes...maybe a switchable tube stage on these so have choice of either using the tubes or not ?

maybe an all out m8 phono stage ? tubes again as choice ? who knows.

an m6 or m8 dab + digital radio tuner ? could be easily integrated into a dac...

perhaps the mf tune up service could be extended to outside of UK as well. there are so many of us with old classics living outside of uk and love to be able to send there for service to be performed. perhaps could be arranged with local importers as imagine they regularly ship stuff in from the uk so shipping could be minimal for them.

anyways thats me for ideas and wishfull thinking ! anyone else been thinking...I wish mf would....
    "Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."
  • r100gs
    • May 2005

M8 phono stage would be sweet.
    Jay

Comment

• elhefe
      • May 2011

I would like to add too...

1. Revive their M1 turntable to compliment thier excellent M1 ViNL phonostage
      2. Have at least 2 sets of balanced input in their amps to compliment the balanced outputs from their M1/M6 DAC and M1 ViNL.
      HiFi: ClearAudio Concept TT, Musical Fidelity M6i amp and M6 DAC, M1s (PWR,CDT, CLiC, ViNL), SONY MDSJA20ES MDP, ProAc D18 with full Siltech cabling.

HeadFi: Beyerdynamic T1 and Oppo HA-1

HT: Samsung 65" Curve LED, OPPO BDP 95-EU, Yamaha RX-V2067, PMC twenty 23 front and Centre, Wharfedale WH2, SVS Sub, with full QED cabling

Comment

• alebonau
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Oct 2005

top of list I still think needs to be an m8 dac I reckon with switchable tube stage listening to their old tubalog valve dac reminded me what lovely valve dacs mf make !

also top of list I think is really needed a cd/sacd player in the m8 range. maybe it can even be a oppo chipset based multiplayer with really nice sac/power supply and analog output stage. all the makers eg electrocompaniet, primare are doing it so why not mf

be great to see a stereo power amp in the m8 range too. a step up from the m6 range with balanced xlr design. be handy for those that cant step upto or have the space for the m8 mono blocs !

great to see mf continue on the development of new products

any other suggestions or products would love to see in their range ?

Comment

• alebonau
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by alebonau
          Wouldnt it be nice to wish for something and it came true....

well it would be wouldnt it hehe. not sure about the coming true...but theres no harm in dreaming hehe. maybe this space might get noticed by musical fidelity...never know and they might see as feedback from their customers as to what they wish for ? never know might give them either support for ideas or more thoughts when thinking up new products or features for releases of updates for existing products ?

Oh I'd wish for a M8 series stereo power amplifier ! I know they got the mono blocs, but not everyone could fit a pair of those in so would be great to see a lovely stereo power amp in the M8 series could be along the lines of the M6 500i just without the pre amp section and kept with the balanced nature of the M8s with balanced XLRs for ins and daisy chain outs

~

anyways thats me for ideas and wishfull thinking ! anyone else been thinking...I wish mf would....
          WELL !!!! that wish came true

maybe musical fidelity does listen

I am so wrapped they have come through with a stereo m8 series, dual mono power amp, with balanced in and stereo daisy chain out.

~

~
          love to see a CD/SACD source in the M8 series or even a dac....and oh I know mf have always loved tubes...maybe a switchable tube stage on these so have choice of either using the tubes or not ?

~

hehe now all they need to do is complete the range with a source along lines above. that would be fantastic I reckon

~

anyone else wishing something from mf ?

Comment

• alebonau
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Oct 2005

I still do wonder what musical fidelity would do to complement the pre and power amps in the m8 range with a m8 source...

they could go all out with say a blu-ray audio/universal player based on say media tek chipset...

or just back to basics ...CD player, CD/SACD player. with selectable tube output stage. maybe with digital inputs so can also double as a dac...who knows. be interesting to know if something theyre working on...

Comment

• alebonau
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Oct 2005

interesting that musical fidelity has discontinued the AMS series.....
              AMS Series (DISCONTINUED) This is our signature series - literally. Our founder, Antony Michaelson has put his initials to this exceptional range...

wonder then does that leave an opening to an upper range to follow..

or does it leave the m8 series as the top of the range

and ofcourse that does leave a gap for a Player/dac/source in the top of the range....not a good gap to have

which leads me to wonder indeed if a new m8 cd/sacd/universal disc player / dac / media player of some sort is to follow...

musical fidelity has a long line of dac and disc players in their history, I couldnt imagine they their top product range incomplete wihtout one

Comment

• Audio_ElF
                • Oct 2007

interesting that musical fidelity has discontinued the AMS series.....
                http://www.musicalfidelity.com/suppo...ts/ams-series/
                There is a new NuVista 800 (integrated) amplifier "coming soon"; I think I've seen AM reported as saying its part of the range to replace the AMS series.

The NuVista 800 is £7995 and is 300wpc. (Sorry alebonau only a single balanced input at least on the prototype I saw)

Also the M6i and M3i amplifiers are been upgraded to M6si and M3si tweaking the power sections and upgrading the USB input to 24/96 async.

Eloise

Comment

• alebonau
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Oct 2005

Very interesting Eloise, please bring us any further info you might have ! Wow a new nuvista series ! Who would have thought !

I wonder if that means a nuvista 3D CD player re issue ! fantastic player it was ... Or maybe it should be a nuvista HD

Good to see MF not leave the top end resting on its laurels

Ps good to see refreshes of the m3 and m6 series as well. To keep them upto date

Comment

• Audio_ElF
                    • Oct 2007

The Nuvista 800 is reviewed in this month's (November 2014) HiFi News.

Comment

• alebonau
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Oct 2005

Now on the MF website

Nu-Vista 800 | Integrated Amplifier (DISCONTINUED) The Nu-Vista 800 is a power-house of an amplifier with outstanding clarity and finesse....

And with that hifi news review,

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"