X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nathan P
    • Mar 2006

Enclosure Design

Okay, I have all the parts for my all in one box unit, but I'm not sure how to execute it, or how big, what shape etc. it should be. Here's a pic with everything I've got. I only have 3 drivers, because I was taking one of the drivers out of my old box and I managed to poke a hole in the surround with the screwdriver (I slipped). Here's what I have.

2 Harmon Kardon HK195 drivers, 2.5"
    1 2.5" driver from a no name speaker set, it says "well" on the back
    1 Harmon Kardon amp/crossover, 4W each channel, left and right with a sub out.
    1 Cyber Acoustics 4" woofer
    One Cyber Acoustics amp/crossover. 15W sub, 2 channel 4W mains (The mains are suspect, as the speakers that came with it were stamped 2W on the drivers.
    One port, 2.5" long, 1.25 tapered to 1 1/8th.

That's it. The harmon kardon speakers sounded pretty good, they were a little weak in the bass area (Duh, two 2.5" drivers) but they were clear, and even with just 8W total power, they could get pretty loud in a small room. I'm just doing this as a proof of concept before I buy some good parts, but it might as well sound as good as possible. Here's a pic of one of the concepts I came up with. Sorry for the poor drawing, I couldn't get the line tool to work right.
    Attached Files
  • Nathan P
    • Mar 2006

the HK speakers are listed as being 3", I looked it up, also the HK amplifier is 4.5W.

Comment

• Nathan P
      • Mar 2006

I'm thinking that designing an enclosure without any information about the drivers is going to be almost impossible. What are some guidelines, basic dos and don'ts to get decent sound (Stuff that should ALWAYS be taken into consideration)

Comment

• derekbannatyne
        • Jan 2006

You could probably use that driver as a full range and maybe an 8" woofer for the sub?

That guy used the hi-vi as a full range and it worked pretty well.

Comment

• Nathan P
          • Mar 2006

Yeah, I think for now I'm going to TLAR it with the drivers and woofer I have, I have a 7" woofer coming to me, and I'll order two of those, and redesign. Heck, it's only 4 bucks worth of MDF. (Thank God for precut sheets)

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"