X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dmantis
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jun 2004

Lets get to know one another

I 'd like to hear about the systems you guys/girls built around your B&k gear.What you feel works and why.

Today I listened to B&K ref50 and the 200.7 with JM labs speaker system.Nice nice system.They seem to work well together.We have a really good dealer out this way in Pa.

Dmantis
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

This could take some time to develop. It seems BK questions are sparse. Maybe need to drum up some business.

Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• leeda2
      • May 2003

i'm running paradigm studio 20s all around with the cc470 center. svs 20-39 pc+ for the sub and an ati 1807 amp (planning for a 7.1 setup in the future).

i used to have the b&w 601s, but they didn't quite sound as good with home theater in my setup as they did in the store. luckily, i was able to receive a full refund even though i had the speakers for over two months. too bad this same dealer didn't carry the paradigms as i would've liked to have given them more business.

Comment

• Dan
        • May 2004

I got my system 2 and 1/2 years ago. I run a Ref 30 with a Ref7250 the forerunner to the 200.5. I have a Denon 2900 universal player (SACD, DVD-A etc) as well as a Bang and Olufson TX2 turntable with a parasound PPH 100 phono stage preamp for my 300 odd vinyl. I have a Panasonic 50' plasma with hd digital cable. Tha amp pushes Vanderteen 3A signatures for mains, VCC 1 signature center and VSM1 signature rears. There are two Vandersteen 2Wq subwoofers each with a 300W amp.

The subs are crossed at 80 Hz (first order) and the speakers set to small are also set this way. I have deferred room eq until the final curtains and wall treatments arrive next month.

I love the set up. Vandersteens make the best speakers at their price range I have heard by a lot. The total system flexibility is great and the frequency response is very flat. In my 15 x 20 x 8 foot room I can sustain roughly 100 dB which is plenty (Vandys are inefficient).

Comment

• Dmantis
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jun 2004

Nice system there Dan.Vandersteens are very nice sounding speakers.Unique looking as well.

Dan

Comment

• Chip
            • Aug 2001

I'm right over the Walt Whitman Dan. I'm running a Ref50,Ref200.5 & Ref200.2 with PSB Stratus front end, Image sides, JBL rears & an SVS PB2+ sub. Lots of pic's via the link in my sig...
            Last edited by Chip; 25 July 2004, 20:03 Sunday.
            Chip Engle

My HT

Comment

• Dan
              • May 2004

Chip,

Nice room. I'm working on pics but I still gotta work on the compression or post them on a website. I'm down in MD. Gotta love my Vandersteens. I've never heard anything else like em except for vandy model 5s at a sweet $11k pair ouch.

Comment

• Hoopofficial
                • Dec 2004

In an effort to get this thread going again, I have my Ref50 and 200.7 paired with the Monitor Audio Gold Series. GR 60 mains, GR Centre, 4 GRFx Surrounds and a SVS PC Ultra sub. Running a Denon 3910 DVD player, an oldie but goodie Adcom GCD 600 carousel CD player, and a Sony Grand Wega 60" KDF60XS955 LCD projection TV. Using Signal Cable throughout and overall I am pleased with the system. Albeit I will never be done tweaking it.

Comment

• Ralph P.
                  • Feb 2005

Greetings,

I am running a Reference 50 Series 2 with Parasound 1500A and 1205A amps, a Denon 3910 DVD A/SACD Universal DVD Player, CEC CD3300 CD player, Pioneer DVR-810HS DVD recorder w/Tivo Plus, Audio Quest, Esoteric, Belden/Canare interconnects/speaker cabling.

My Speakers are Paradigm Reference for the mains, center and ADP's for the side surrounds and AMS in walls for the rear surrounds. I have an SVS 20-39 PC Plus subwoofer.

My display is a Sony HS-10 LCD high def. front projector connected via DVI to my Denon 3910 and a Scientific Atlanta 3250HD high def. cable box. My screen is a 92" Da-lite High Contrast Cinemavision.

My system controller is a Philips Pronto TSU3000 lcd touchscreen remote along with the RF extender.

Regards,
                  Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
                  Blu-ray Disc Reviews
                  AVSForum.com
                  My Home Theater
                  My DVD Collection

Comment

• jheis
                    • May 2005

Newbe here.

I'm running a Ref 50 (S1) with 2 x ST125.2, ST140, Haffler DH200 (soon to be replaced with a just purchased ST1400 II) driving a pair of Klipsch La Scala fronts, Klipsch Heresy surrounds, Klipsch Cornwall rears and a Klipsch RC7 center channel (separate amps for each pair and another for the center). B&K and Klipsch Heritage is a sweeeet combination!

Also lots of other stuff in my office and garage systems (but no more B&K) :wink:.

James

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"