X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chip
    • Aug 2001

The Ref50 has landed

I was up till 1am hooking everything up and calibrating. First impressions are WOW!. Unbelievable headroom at low volume. What a difference going from a receiver to a amp & prepro. I'm nowhere's near knowing what this thing can do yet.. Wayyyyy to early. It's here though, and i'm like'n it.
    The amp is a monster. It's bigger and seems heavier than the 5803 receiver alone!
    For now, i've got the 200.5 connected via RCA's using five Blue Tigers. Alot of tweaking to do yet..

I wanted the silver version of the amp & pre but, got black. Turns out, in Tweeter's computer there was no designation for either color. I assumed i was getting silver and never looked at the box (it's marked black). At first i thought i'd have to lug this stuff back but decideds to hook it all up anyway. Blacks cool.. i like it. Matches everything else anyway.
    I don't have much time right now but did turn on BladeII in Dolby Digital on DirecTV. Man, the bass is unfreak'n believable at -15. The dialoge from the center channel is clean, crisp and holy shit! the bass from my C6i ??? Never had it like this.. ever. The SR 10.1 (MX-700) is the nicest remote i've ever seen. Has punch through volume right outta the gate.
    Haven't had time for much else yet, i'm in & out today getting my buddy's driveway ready to pour Friday. Haven't played with the new B&K suite or the remote software yet but, i did install it last night (late). BBL.

Chip Engle

"Concrete ain't a spectator sport"

<a href="http://www.htguide.com/bilder/index.cfm?fuseaction=arkivbilder&userid=0&selected userid=336" target="_blank">My HT
    Chip Engle

My HT
  • PMazz
    • May 2001

Way to go Chip! Congrats.

Keep it comin'. need the info..... Does the new software have the older models on it?

My 7250 came in today, so I'm kind of celebrating too. And I haven't even opened the box yet!

Pete
    Birth of a Media Center

Comment

• RedStep
      • Sep 2002

:^x
      Man, they really do make the coveted Ref 50 :LOL:
      Thanks for the update...keep it comming.

RedStep
      We are truly a product of the decisions we make
      RedStep
      We are truly a product of the decisions we make

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"