X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Burke Strickland
    • Sep 2001

Any interest in DVD-Audio for RDC-7?

In the latest update of their website, Integra Research has included the following verbiage in their write-up of the RDC-7 (almost unreadable because they run together 815 words on over 50 lines of text without any paragraph divisions):

Originally posted by Integra Research 'Press Release'
    One of the most remarkable features of the Integra Research RDC-7 is its future-proof upgradable A/V processor. While it is factory equipped to decode every U.S. and European multi-channel standard, including Dolby Digital, DTS, MPEG and THX Surround EX, it will also be able to handle formats yet to come. Its decoders are software-upgradeable via a bidirectional RS232 port. These updates will cover more than just decoding standards. Other likely upgrades include DVD-Audio and DSP algorithms.
    (Bold emphasis added.)

If they actually did include DVD-Audio decoding in a future update (presumably after DVD-Audio players start being delivered with a digital interface as a standard feature) would that be of any interest to RDC-7 owners?

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...
  • SteveG
    • Jul 2002

Im very interested in decoding DVD Audio within the RDC-7, as promised all along. The current DSPs have the horsepower to do it, and I think the decoding software is in place. All that is needed is the upcomming IEEE1394 port, which is Intergra Research's promised meand of providing the digital connection.

Steve Goff
    Steve Goff

Comment

• Razvan
      • Jan 2002

If Integra Research doesn't keep its promise to upgrade the RDC-7 to firewire then I will never again buy an Onkyo, Integra, or Integra Research product.

Razvan

Comment

• pepar
        • Dec 2002

I am a week or two away from ordering my RDC-7. I have been planning this as a major upgrade to my home theater for nearly a year. Over that time I have looked at many other pre/pros and have always came back to the RDC-7. A very large part of this due to the fact that IR keeps it up to date with the latest features and formats. I just take it for granted that they will add the IEEE1394 interface and decode DVD-A & SACD, and in the very near future. I am purchasing a Pioneer Elite DV-47Ai with an i.Link (IEEE1394) output in anticipation of it.

-
        "The future is already here, it's just not evenly distributed." - William Gibson

"I like the future; I'm in it." - Firesign Theater
        -
        Home theater renovation underway!

"The future is already here, it's just not evenly distributed." - William Gibson

"I like the future; I'm in it." - Firesign Theater

Comment

• rickp
          • Jul 2003

I am a little late to this post since I have just decided to start getting involved with this aspect of DVD. As others have posted, this path would be very useful and would keep Integra at the top of the game. It is very likely what many purchasers expect to happen. I know I do.

Rick

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"