X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paulbert
    • Feb 2003

Couple questions about the RDC-7

Hi All,
    I have been considering a purchase of the RDC-7 preamp/processor. There does not seem to be a lot of info out there, so I was very happy that in my search I came across this forum.
    I currently have a Lexicon MC-1 and am looking to improve on the audio performance and upgrade the feature set at the same time.

A couple of remaining questions I have are:

1) I want to run a second zone for the rest of my house. I know that this pre-pro has 2 zone capability, but I want the signal to go straight into an amp, and then each zone controls its own volume. In reviewing the online manaul, I see that the zone 2 output is variable, and I was not able to find an independant zone-2 power on volume setting.
    My Lex offers a different power-on volume setting for each zone (i.e. -45db for Zone 1, and -15db for zone 2). I'd hate to lose this capability, as it would make a mess of one or the other zones on startup.

Another option is to use a fixed line out to the power amp. Is there any option to use the Record out connections? How do the zone-2 and record out interact?

2) Rack mounting
    I would be placing this in a Middle Atlantic Rack. Any feedback out there on using a Middle Atlantic custom faceplate for the RDC-7, or are there Rack ears available from Integra Research?

Appreciate any feedback provided.

Regards,
    Paul
  • Paulbert
    • Feb 2003

Looks like I can answer one of my own questions:

I re-read the manual looking for any clue as to how the zone-2 volume was managed. Then I found a reference that it is a fixed output level.

Paul

Comment

• Burke Strickland
      • Sep 2001

Glad you found the answer on the Zone 2 volume. Since it is a fixed output, the volume for Zone 2 must be controlled downstream of the RDC-7.

Is there any option to use the Record out connections? How do the zone-2 and record out interact?
      From the manual:

Note:
      Be aware that if you start using the system in the remote
      zone (Zone 2) while a recording is going on in the main
      zone, the recording is aborted.
      • If the Rec Out button is pressed in the main room
      while someone is using the system in the remote
      zone, the Zone 2 function will be deactivated and
      the source will turn off in the remote zone.
      The Zone 2 and Record Out use the same circuits.

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"