X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SteveG
    • Jul 2002

DVD Audio via IEEE 1394

Now that the DVD Forum has finalized the specs, both signal and content protection, for transmission of a DVD Audio digital signal over a IEEE 1394 connection, and Pioneer has working products conforming to that spec, I decided to ask Lincoln Palmer of Integra Research tech support what is up with the IEEE1394 expansion port on the RDC-7. He responded immediately that they he spoke with one of the engineers about two months ago and that Japan was looking into the upgrade. He also said thay are working on the upgrade "as we speak," although he has "no dates yet." He suggested that as soon as they had more information it would be posted on the website.

This suggest positively to me that Onkyo is actually finally following through on this promise, and (I hope) that they are unlikely to futher delay implementation by looking instead at the new HDMI standard. I hope it happens soon.

Steve Goff
    Steve Goff
  • pepar
    • Dec 2002

Bump! Anything further on this?

-
    "The future is already here, it's just not evenly distributed." - William Gibson

"I like the future; I'm in it." - Firesign Theater
    -
    Home theater renovation underway!

"The future is already here, it's just not evenly distributed." - William Gibson

"I like the future; I'm in it." - Firesign Theater

Comment

• Burke Strickland
      • Sep 2001

Originally posted by Pepar
      Anything further on this?
      I sent Integra Research an email several days ago asking what their future plans for their products might be, and have not received a reply. If they ever do respond, I'll post their answer here.

Their usual answer to my inquiries has been "with the increased activity due to the approaching holidays, we can't take time to answer your questions in detail, but a press release will be posted on our site sometime soon..." The "approaching holidays" could be "Saturday and Sunday" but that seems to be the stock excuse for not shedding any more light on the subject(s) of inquiry. Since they've been promising the IEEE 1394 ports since their original product announcement for the RDC-7 over two years ago, I hope they will be forthcoming with some good news about it soon.

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• SteveG
        • Jul 2002

They are now talking about March of 2004. This is really, really distressing.

Steve Goff
        Steve Goff

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"