X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bing Fung
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Aug 2000

VisionTek to Launches NVIDIA Personal Cinema Technology

No word yet if it will support HDTV, but the utility of the unit certainly is interesting.

VisionTek to Launches NVIDIA Personal Cinema Technology in North America

GURNEE, Ill. – August 27, 2001– VisionTek, the largest manufacturer of 3D graphics accelerators and memory in North America, today announced the launch of Xtasy Xcess 5564™, an interactive, integrated 3D gaming, DVR, DVD and live TV solution for personal computers based on the Personal Cinema by NVIDIA® Corporation.

VisionTek Xtasy Xcess 5564 allows consumers to play 3D games, watch DVDs, digitally record and play back live TV, and edit digital video from their personal computer. The included breakout box with TV tuner is cable ready and allows a PC to function as both a television and a digital video recorder. Consumers can pause live TV, instantly replay favorite scenes, skip over commercials, and record and playback TV shows and movies just like a VCR. Additionally, Xtasy Xcess 5564 gives consumers the ability to connect their digital camcorder or other video input device to edit, produce, and star in their own movie.

Xtasy Xcess 5564 provides all of the hardware and software needed for controlling digital video and playing 2D/3D PC games in one complete, easy-to-use product. College students short on space or families looking for an extra TV, video recorder and gaming device can use one product that uses virtually no more space than their current PC.

Available soon at electronics retailers and distributors, Xtasy Xcess 5564 features an NVIDIA-based 64MB graphics accelerator for high performance 3D gaming, a small, cable-ready AV/tuner box which connects to the PC via a single nine pin cable, and the multifunction remote for controlling all TV and DVD playback features.

“As the leading supplier of NVIDIA-based products to consumers in North America, VisionTek is thrilled to bring this breakthrough technology to a market that’s hungry for an NVIDIA-based multimedia PC solution,” said John Gunn, general manager of consumer products for VisionTek. “Consumers can now enjoy a compete digital entertainment experience and the best 3D graphics technology available, all in one product. Before Xtasy Xcess, consumers who wanted both had to settle for less.”

From its first-to-market, award winning GeForce3-based graphics accelerator to the GeForce2 MX200-based Xtasy 5332™, VisionTek offers a complete line of graphics accelerators for all levels of consumers at multiple price points. The addition of the Xtasy Xcess series will give consumers additional flexibility and performance as the personal computer continues to evolve into the focal point for family multimedia entertainment.

About Visiontek
    Founded in 1988, Visiontek, Inc. is the largest manufacturer of 3D graphics accelerators and memory in North America. The company is also a leading technology design and manufacturing services (TDMS) provider specializing in the personal computer, telecommunications, industrial and medical markets. Its consumer products division, VisionTek, develops PC graphics cards and memory, compact flash and IEEE 1394 technology for retailers throughout North America and Canada. Visiontek, Inc.'s PC OEM customers include Apple, Compaq, Gateway, IBM, and Micron; its retailers include Best Buy, CompUSA, Electronics Boutique, Fry's and Gamestop. Visiontek, Inc. is ISO 9001 certified.

For more information, please call 800-726-9695, or visit www.visiontek.com

Bing
    Bing
  • SiliGoose
    • Aug 2000

Sounds great!

MaximumPC used this on a HTPC they built in their last issue. They raved about it even in its beta form.

-Sili
    www.campmurphy.net

Comment

• Bing Fung
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Aug 2000

Thanks for reminding me Sili, I have that issue right here. Right, they placed it into the dream machine entertainment centre. They didn't really explain too much on it other than saying it "Blew them away", Gauwd I hate that term, like how over used is that, I can't remember that last time I was "blown away" by something, impressed, but blown away....??? I used these new speaker cables and was "Blown away".... We canted my speakers inward and the results "Blew us away"... I bi-amped my speakers and the effect "blew me away", sure, I understand that there are things that will and can "blow us away" but when it is used to discribe the difference between gray and 78% gray, I just Po.... Whoops sorry, mad ramble there.. Yes they seemed mildly impressed with the card and chose to use it over an ATI All in wonder Radeon.

I'm very interested in the cards specifications. It seems that it was presumed it would conflict with the Hippuage HDTV decoder card :?

Bing
      Bing

Comment

• SiliGoose
        • Aug 2000

He he!

I love it when MaximumPC reviews PC speakers. For all their PC expertise they really haven't the slightest idea what "sounds" good.

-Sili
        www.campmurphy.net

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"