RDC-7 Remote Codes and other Onkyo systems?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Greg Staten
    • Sep 2001

RDC-7 Remote Codes and other Onkyo systems?

I'm wondering if anyone knows whether the RDC-7 is code compatible with any Onkyo system. The RDC-7 isn't included in the Crestron database and it occurred to me that the RDC-7 might be code compatible with Onkyo units.

Burke?

Thanks!

-greg
  • Burke Strickland
    • Sep 2001

greg -

That's a definite "maybe". :>)

First, if you take a look at the remotes provided with the top-of the line products for Onkyo/Integra/Integra Research, they bear a striking cosmetic resemblence. :>)

More to the point, my Pronto TSU-2000 has a built-in command data base which includes a number of templates for Onkyo components. I can get my RDC-7 to respond to some of the commands contained in these templates, so it appears the command families are the same. But the implementation in a particular Onkyo/Integra/Integra Research remote may not be universally applicable to other products in the three product lines.

For a given component and remote combo, there's one way to find out for sure. (Try it.) :>)

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• Greg Staten
      • Sep 2001

Thanks, Burke. I'll probably do some fiddling with it this coming long weekend.

-greg

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"