• Show
Clear All
  • emerson
    • Sep 2004

I give up....(almost...)...

Having a RDC 7,
    Having a DVSP1000 and before that, a D939,
    I've been loyal to'em...,,

I think it's the 3rd year now that Im waiting (in vain..) for the rumoured firewire-board to the RDC7.

On occasion ( meaning once or twice a year.) I've mailed onkyo/integra and/or their local distributor,,,," soon ":..really soon...,,

Sure,, Even though I guess that It'll be a gr8 product,, I'd never buy the RDC7.1 based on the company....On the quality ? Sure,, but,, not from those people. Almost all other Japanese brands are releasing the technology in their lower end stuff allready,,, we who have paid to be one step up the ladder,, we are left in the cold..

( sorry for the tone...just annoyed with'em...)
    Last edited by Burke Strickland; 14 February 2005, 22:58 Monday. Reason: changed potentially offensive slang reference
  • jimmyp58
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

Certainly understand the frustration. While some companies are making the leap, others are playing more conservative. Similarly, they are presenting to the masses upgrade announcements only for the dates to evaporate.

These are not small or less known companies either.

Jim
    jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• Burke Strickland
      • Sep 2001

By the time Integra Research (IR) gets around to fulfilling its promise on the firewire board for the RDC-7, firewire may already be obsolete. (Whoops, maybe that's already happened.) :>) Possibly one monkey wrench in the works with regard to the design and offering of the board is the need to accomodate SACD in whatever "new" digital solution they provide.

It would be more reassuring if we got some kind of response from the IR folks once in a while. Their products are world class, but their marketing, communications and customer "support" are not.

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• emerson
        • Sep 2004

Coming from another country than USA,
        Not to say to much about the status,, I can still say that I heard rumours that the
        existing distributor for them O and IR, is planning to stop with IR since they feel the same as us.....a lot of hot air and no action....

Comment

• Krobar
          • Dec 2004

Iam a first time owner of an IR product and while the spec, sound and build are superior to the Onkyo, the support is not. When I pay $4000 for a base configuration I expect better than cheapo consumer support, unfortunately Onkyo think the same level of support given on $200 recievers will do for IR, it wont IMHO. Integra should be given its own support department, its a supposedly seperate company with different target customers who have different suppport requirements and expectations.

The general structure of IR is far to spread out and slow for operation in the highish end AV market. Even dealers dont know whats hapenning because getting an answer from IR is as diffucult as squeezing blood from a stone and probably as painful as sitting on a spike.

Edit: Ive heard from my dealer that at least firmware upgrades will be supplied to users of the new units which would at least be an improvement in IR policy, I'll believe it when it happens.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"