X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chameleon
    • Jun 2002

zone 2= main system's speaker setting

is the zone 2 frequency range dependent on the main system's front speaker setting? if i set my main systems front speaker's to small will i still get the full frequency range for my remote zone speakers or do i still need to set them to large everytime i use my remote zone speakers? (i have an integra dtr 7.1 receiver)

thanks for your response
  • Burke Strickland
    • Sep 2001

Despite its 72 pages, the Integra DTR 7.1 Instruction Manual is rather terse about Zone 2 setup and operation. In fact, in the "rear panel facilities" discussion of speaker connections (point 8) it doesn't even acknowledge that Zone 2 terminals exist, even though the diagram clearly shows them!

However, from that diagram and from the brief instructions that do appear (starting at page 45) it looks like the Zone 2 speakers share the circuitry (and probably the settings) of the Surround Left and Surround Right speakers (since the terminals are adjacent, and the Main Zonme goes into Direct or Stereo mode when you activate Zone 2 with the speakers connected to the 7.1's Zone 2 terminals.)

Probably the best thing to do to determine what speaker setting is operative for Zone 2 is to play some music with deep bass through the Zone 2 speakers and listen for changes in the apparant bass as you play with the speaker configuration settings via the setup menu. If the settings need to be changed each time you switch to and from Zone 2 operation, that might be a candidate for a remote macro (if you have a Pronto -- may be a bit too complex for the DTR 7.1's own remote macros).

Good luck.

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• chameleon
      • Jun 2002

thanks burke

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"