X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mheyda
    • Feb 2002

RDC-7 vs Anthem AVM-20

I'm in the middle of deciding between the Anthem AVM-20 and Integra Research RDC-7. I'm not considering the current lack of DPLII and DTS-ES on the Anthem a problem since Anthem has promised the upgrade for the April timeframe.
    I personally couldn't hear a difference between the two in auditions, but that was with different speakers on differents days in different rooms.

Has anyone gone through the same evaluation?
    What factor finally made the decision?
    Does Integra do their own DSP programming or whose are they using since its obviously not Motorolla's as many (including Anthem) are waiting on them?

Mike Heyda
    mikeheyda@hotmail.com
    Mike Heyda
    mikeheyda@hotmail.com
  • dschamis
    • Sep 2001

Mike,

I went through the same analysis in September, and ultimately went with the RDC-7 - here are my reasons:

1. DPLII - Do not underestimate the importance of this - I think it makes a HUGE difference, and it definitely has been my most welcomed surprise in this purchase. As far as April goes, they were saying in September that it would be in November, so I wouldn't put a lot of faith in that timing.

2. Stereophile AAA - Gold Product of the Year (behind only the Lexicon MC-12, which I still love) - It is always reassuring to have an "independant" source test the equipment.

3. I heard some very mixed reviews about the Anthem AVM-2. They say that they fixed all the problems, but why take the chance?

4. Staying power - I have more faith in IR (aka Onkyo and friends) to be around in a few years.

Good luck with the decision - I don't think that the AVM-20 is a bad choice, and frankly I was pretty close myself!

David

Comment

• Razvan
      • Jan 2002

David,

I remember reading your posts on the Sony TA-E9000ES forum. How does the Sony compare to the RDC-7 sonically?

Razvan

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"