X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maseline_98
    • Apr 2005

HK AVR630 Volume Problem????

I noticed recently that the volume is being turned up(sometimes 30dbs) on it's own at strange times. Either I have some creepy ghost in my house or something is seriously wrong. I'm running my HK as a pre/pro for my XPA-5. Of course this just started happening days after I sold my Marantz receiver. Any help out there? I believe I'm on the most current firmware, but I cannot confirm that right now.

Sony kds-60a2000\Panasonic BD-55k\XBOX 360 Premium(20gig)Slingbox\Xbox(flashed) running XBMC
    Emotiva UMC-1\Emotiva XPA-5\Klipsch (2)RF-7s with DeanG xover upgrade, RC-7 with DeanG xover upgrade, (2)RS-7s\SVS 20-39PC+

• Aug 2000

maseline_98,

IIRC, H/K had this same issue on a previous series or two. Sorry, I cannot offer much more advice than, try contacting them about it.
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Mortal
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by maseline_98
      I noticed recently that the volume is being turned up(sometimes 30dbs) on it's own at strange times. Either I have some creepy ghost in my house or something is seriously wrong. I'm running my HK as a pre/pro for my XPA-5. Of course this just started happening days after I sold my Marantz receiver. Any help out there? I believe I'm on the most current firmware, but I cannot confirm that right now.
      Hi Maseline!

I`ve had the same problem with two H/K integrated receivers. The older one worked perfectly couple of years until one day it just pumped up the volume to the MAX and almost broked my speakers!! I just thought that maybe it wont do that again, but i was wrong...luckily i became more alert and caught it on next time and shut down the amplifier before it reached the max volume. Then I decided to replace the broken amp and i went to the nearest hifi market and purchased a brand new Harman/Kardon AVR...(something, can`t remember models cause it has been like 2 years) ...and what a mistake that was!! Same annoying problem with this new model too! I went back to the hifistore and they send amp to the warranty repairing and that tooked something like three months. After three months and couple angry phone calls i got my H/K back and gues what? I installed my repaired H/K to my brandnew 5.1 speaker set and everything went ok for few weeks until it happend again! Im happy that the amp was on stereo mode and only my new main speakers got MAX power for 10-15 seconds before i shut down the amp. Next day i´m in the hifi store once again refunding H/K and I changed it to Marantz SR5600. Marantz has worked beatifully for two years and now we are expecting two new family members from the post: Rotel RSP-1098 and Rotel RB-1572 and the Marantz has already found a new loving home.

Hope you find a solution for your H/K problem my advise to you is to change the manufacturer asap before your speakers are ruined.

Friendly greetings,

Jukka

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"