X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scarpi
    • Jul 2008

New B&K Amp

Well I guess this is the place to discuss new B&K gear. I'm new to this forum and I just bought a new B&K Reference 200.5 series two amp. It is the latest incarnation and the front panel is not the same as the amps on their website. My dealer said they changed the cosmetics to match their new Reference 70 preamp. It looks great and sounds super. I use it with my Reference 30 preamp. My previous amp was a Sherbourn 5 channel amp but after 7 years of use the capacitors blew out so I was able to trade it for the new B&K. :T
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Welcome to the Guide, scarpi!

Congrats on the new amp. It's hard not to like the gear. I just hopre they do an equally good job on the new preamp as well.

Enjoy!
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Dmantis
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jun 2004

Cool,
      I gotta go check out the new ref 70. It does have 1.3b pipeline and is upgradeable so it might be the right preamp for me. It doesn't have built in DTS MA or DD HD right now but from what I learned B&K is going to offer a upgrade down the road.

I'm not totally cool with that, why not just have it in there now and allow all those people who purchased Blu ray players without internal decoding. I'll never understand higher end companies.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"