X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pio
    • Nov 2005

Audysey Multieq - Something wrong?

I have set up the Audesy EQ on my Integra 9.8 on numerous occasions and havent gotten favorable results. No matter how many times I perform the set up (I have tried from 3 to 8 mic positions within the room) the sound is hollow and un focused with the EQ on.

Listening to music, when I switch between "direct" and "stereo" (stereo with EQ), "direct" produces better imaging, bass response, midrange clarity.

When I defeat the EQ and swtich between "direct" and "stereo" - "stereo" sounds fuller because of the subwoofers, but it sounds much better without the eq.

Also, the Audesy eq puts sets up all my speakers as "full range" even though the center and rears are bookshelf style speaakers. This happens each and everytime I set it up.

I have read praises for the system, so I am thinking there has to be something wrong with either the 9.8 itself or the mic.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks....
    Stereo: Revel F208, Parasound JC2, JC1's, Oppo HA-1, VPI, Dynavector, Moon

HT: B&W 802D2, 805S, HTM4, Marantz, OPPO BDP95, Velodyne DD-12's

HP / secondary system: Woo Audio W2, Carver Sunfire, Kef LS50, Denon, and too many headphones to list
  • Kal Rubinson
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Pio
    I have set up the Audesy EQ on my Integra 9.8 on numerous occasions and havent gotten favorable results. No matter how many times I perform the set up (I have tried from 3 to 8 mic positions within the room) the sound is hollow and un focused with the EQ on.

Listening to music, when I switch between "direct" and "stereo" (stereo with EQ), "direct" produces better imaging, bass response, midrange clarity.

When I defeat the EQ and swtich between "direct" and "stereo" - "stereo" sounds fuller because of the subwoofers, but it sounds much better without the eq.

Also, the Audesy eq puts sets up all my speakers as "full range" even though the center and rears are bookshelf style speaakers. This happens each and everytime I set it up.

I have read praises for the system, so I am thinking there has to be something wrong with either the 9.8 itself or the mic.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks....
    You need to read through the 'official' Audyssey thread on AVS where one of the developers of Audyssey hangs out. There are many subtleties involved in this process. For example, you undoubtedly need to over-ride the speaker size setting since that is dictated simplistically by Integra and is not the really recommended Audyssey setting.

Kal
    Kal Rubinson

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"