X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • borderdad
    • Nov 2005

Problems with Ref 50 and Denon 2910

Before the B&K forum goes the way of the Dodo I was hoping to squeeze in a quick question. I can't get my Denon DVD to play over component. My satellite over component works fine. I've switched all the cables, inputs and used two DVD players and nothing. I'm assuming it's the B&K since it happened with both players. Any ideas? I'm running 5.1 audio if it matters and have the setting on the ref 50 set to "Comp 2 - Yes". Any help would be appreciated.
    Hola from El Paso!
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Some DVD players, have a switch on the rear that must be toggled for S-video and higher output. Maybe yours does???

You may also want to try using the "comp 3" input. Since you have satellite working well over component, I doubt the issue is with the B&K. However, stranger things have happened. And just maybe, there is a problem with the "comp 2" input.

Last, not to insult your intelligence, but are you sure that you were plug into the "comp 2' rca's and not "comp 3"? I have more than once, made this and other similiar mistakes. It happens.
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• borderdad
      • Nov 2005

Well after two very frustrating days, it seems the TV was the culprit. I have a Vizio plasma that apparently doesn't like DVD through component. :roll: I finally tried another TV(LCD) after three different DVD players and they all worked fine through that one. Whoda thunk it. Anyway, thanks for the suggestion.
      Hola from El Paso!

Comment

• John Holmes
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Glad you got it figured out. Sorry to find out it's the tv. Dvd players are usually cheaper to repair/replace. And, at least it was not the B&K! :T
        "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"