X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mindless Drone
    • Jun 2007

Upgrading B&K ref 30

I have a question on getting your B&K's upgraded by the factory. I got my upgraded once (I think it is called a ref 31). Does B&K continue to upgrade older models as new technology comes out (could I send it back again) or do they usually only do on upgrade per product line?

Does my question make sense?
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I see no reason why it should be an issue. You may just give them a quick call and verify though.

:welcome: to the Guide!
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Dmantis
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jun 2004

The Ref 30 can only be upgraded so far. After that you need to get the newer model. You miss out on certain things like Balanced out and such. The chassis is different on the Ref 50.

But they maybe able to software upgrade it to todays B&K standards. It's well worth calling and talking to them about it.

Comment

• Ralph P.
        • Feb 2005

Greetings,

I am not sure what you mean when you say "today's standards". The unit will not be able to support a different platform. Meaning that when B&K releases their new product which will support HDMI audio/video the old reference line will not be supported.

If you have already upgraded the Ref. 30 to the Ref. 31 then it has gone as far as it can in it's current line.
        Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
        Blu-ray Disc Reviews
        AVSForum.com
        My Home Theater
        My DVD Collection

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"