X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Lexicon upgrades

I've had my MC-12 a long time, true. I decided I'd check to see if there were firmware updates, that may fix any problems, or get me additional features such as newest sound formats, etc, you know true dolby, etc..whatever's current... The V 5.0 update, costs 1000.00 and involves hardware. Say what? I thought we were getting a programmable system with primarily firmware updates. Now, it's right back to like an MC-1 was, doing physical hardware updates. Give me a break. Then at that, the sound formats are still not up to date. Nothing from the newest releases. I said well, if that's the case, I may as well wait on the next round of updates. What 2 years, no problem, I can wait 2 years. He said well it will be something else then, I said maybe. Maybe Lexicon is staying to far behind the loop anyway.

One upgrade he said was 3 grand now, for like EQ or such. Hmmm, I thought I'd already paid for a full feature unit in the MC-12 to begin with. Please.

I'm not sure what he meant when he left me a message yesterday that I'd need to update before long before some special expired, or soemthing. a grand for giving me something he couldn't even adequitely explain on the phone, doesn't sound to appealing anyway.

A new MC-12 with the HDMI switching, with ONLY one HDMI output is 9-14,000 depending how configured. Geesh, talk about expensive. He said these video upgrades are to extensive to do, so if you want HDMI support, you just have to trade or sell and buy.

Basically, I'll be running my lowly 2.0 for well into the future I believe or until my MC-12 tanks. I've never been one to much for candy coated sound formats anyway. Give me Logic 7, or give me 2 channel, that's sort of my take anyway. To hell with spending 12 grand on a new pre-processor. I'd sooner get me a beautiful 8,000 2 channel preamp, and run kick as stereophonic home theater.

Heck, for the price of their video upgrades, I can afford 2 or 3 projectors, and don't need switching.

Rant off.
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"