X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Future Halo Upgrades Coming

I was talking to my contact at Parasound today, and got on the topic of upgrades. I thought everyone might be interested that Parasound **IS** working on some software upgrades for the Halo processors that are being described as "fun", not operationally essential. When they come out (no timeline set) they will most likely be free.

Parasound also confirmed that firmware updates are having details ironed out and planned for release, but not for a while, possibly next year. These will not be to fix any problems with the processors, only add additional functionality. I can't let the cat out of the bag as far as WHAT has been planned, but I WILL say that these are sure to put a smile on Halo owners' faces!!!

Parasound is very interested in users' opinions in feedback to improve the product, so I passed on many discussions I've seen with Halo owners including video transcoding, unaltered signal pass-through on unbalanced ports, DVI/HDMI, firewire, and others.

Lastly, Parasound has not given up on developing a DVD player! Development has taken a back seat and stalled due to several issues, such as coordination with Sony on necessary processes for SACD capability, but is still a very real possibility. Again, nothing certain, but I'm keeping my hopes up for this one. A Parasound DVD player would be sure to blow away the competition.

CHRIS
    Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Congrat's on getting in tight with Parasound Chris. I wish other companies would open up like Rotel and Parasound since both parties benefit in ways beyond imagine. Keep up the good work:T

Comment

• nicholtl
      • Aug 2003

First off, hi everyone I'm new to this particular forum and I think it's great to have a forum dedicated to just parasound, the king.

Anyways, on the topic of parasound developing a dvd player, i wonder how good such a unit will be? I ask because you look at the dvd standard from krell, or the rt-10 from lexicon, and while they seem to be solid units (their price sure suggests they are), i've never heard of what deinterlacing chip they use? Do they use dcdi? silicon? Cause it seems to me that Denon still makes some of the top players, I myself owning a late model 3800...but I'd sure be interested to know what kind of deinterlacing chips and D/A converters they utilize. And what Parasound would be considering should they ever make a dvd player.

Oh, and what's the point of the HALO tuner? I mean what is the difference between a regular tuner and a high end one? Reception will probably be the same, and it's your prepro that does all the sonic processing anyways.

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

Funny that this post was dragged back up, from almost 3 years ago, talking about the DVD player, and here we are now, and the D3 is still only on the horizon.

However, the latest official update direct from Parasound is that we should be seeing D3's ***SHIPPED*** July 15th, 2006.

EDIT: (note that this post was in response to a series of posts by a new user, reviving old threads, but added little value with new 1-3 word posts. These valueless posts have since been deleted, and the other posts remain)
        Last edited by Chris D; 25 June 2006, 18:51 Sunday.
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

• nicholtl
          • Aug 2003

Wow, I think this thread was where I made my first post.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"